RC Freedom of the Seas or Carnival Breeze? Multigenerational family

novaLady

Carnival Breeze or RC Freedom of the Seas  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Carnival Breeze or RC Freedom of the Seas

• Breeze
    • FOS
    • Both are great options

So this is a Carnival Board and only 25% say without a doubt, Carnival is better? 53% FOS is better, more than double, with the undecided at 21%.

On the RCCL board, the number jumps to 84% for FOS.

This is a unscientific poll, but maybe Carnival needs to pay attention. RCCL is sailing a new ship every year for the next several years. I think 4 total. Carnival, is taking old ships, redesigning them, and putting more people on board.

I'm a little curious about the pizza. Location is good for the pool goers on the Carnival ship, but on a RCCL ship, location is good for the late night crowd. Just a sample of you can't please everyone. Now for thy Urine smell. Are you sure, you sure that's what you smelled, because Carnival is called the poop ships and thought this was just a mix up. :)

Seriously, RCCL is winning by a huge lead, and would love to return to Carnival some day after they fix their issues.

PC is about 13 hours for us, so Miami is 16. Way longer than I'd like.

Gotchya. You may also want to see what is sailing out of Tampa as well, drive wise it would be equivalent to Port Canaveral.

Personally, I think the Breeze has more to offer children and for me if I'm traveling with our kids then we want to make it has fun as possible. The happier they are the less they drive us parents up the wall, LOL.

Oh wait, I just looked up the Freedom of the Seas, that looks like it has plenty for kids, LOL. Then it should come down to ports and price.

I'm gonna go with the best price for this time. Then I'll plan for a 2015 cruise on the other ship. It looks I can't go wrong with either ship so I'll try both, just the cheapest one for this group cruise.

Not sure which one is the cheapest just yet.

Carnival saw that I was pricing out options so they called. But I'm still waiting on the final quote from them. (I need 4-5 staterooms)

I'm gonna go with the best price for this time. Then I'll plan for a 2015 cruise on the other ship. It looks I can't go wrong with either ship so I'll try both, just the cheapest one for this group cruise.

Not sure which one is the cheapest just yet.

Carnival saw that I was pricing out options so they called. But I'm still waiting on the final quote from them. (I need 4-5 staterooms)

Good luck with whichever option you choose! Hopefully you and your group will be able to experience the Carnival Breeze. Have a funtastic day!

I think there's a mental "click" that goes off when one believes there's a direct correlation between the money spent to the enjoyment of the cruise ship/line.

After having sailed a lot of the major cruise lines, and quite a few of their best ships, I can't make that correlation.

Now, maybe if I had a suite on NCL with Butler service I could see where the extra money spent was beneficial. But, the fare paid is more a function of the time of year, legnth of cruise, ports involved than being a function of having a better cruise.

These recent ships we're talking about are all beautiful. The food is going to be similar (yeah...there will be some minor differences here and there). Entertainment is generally good (but again, different).

In short, pick the ports and the price you want and have a good time.

OP, I'm not convinced that Past Guests get better rates on CCL. I kept getting emails for our Dream cruise we were shopping for Feb, advertising past guest rates. My husband would just pull up the cruise without clicking through the link on the email, and the same exact category and cruise was always less when we DIDN'T use the 'past guest' rates.

No offense, but unless you do some serious comparison, I do not think CCL gives better rates to past guests. I personally think they do the opposite, or at least that was our experience. Perhaps to get new cruisers on board, not sure.

PS, PC is WAY EASIER to leave out of than Miami. We just about refuse to cruise out of Miami. Even my senior parents loved cruising out of PC this year, and we are doing it again next year. Its less "city", less traffic, beautiful port, easy access and a plus for us is that it's close to Orlando and like you its about 12-13 hr drive to us, which we have done twice this year. Miami is blah for me to cruise out of...

So this is a Carnival Board and only 25% say without a doubt, Carnival is better? 53% FOS is better, more than double, with the undecided at 21%.

On the RCCL board, the number jumps to 84% for FOS.

This is a unscientific poll, but maybe Carnival needs to pay attention. RCCL is sailing a new ship every year for the next several years. I think 4 total. Carnival, is taking old ships, redesigning them, and putting more people on board.

I'm a little curious about the pizza. Location is good for the pool goers on the Carnival ship, but on a RCCL ship, location is good for the late night crowd. Just a sample of you can't please everyone. Now for thy Urine smell. Are you sure, you sure that's what you smelled, because Carnival is called the poop ships and thought this was just a mix up. :)

Seriously, RCCL is winning by a huge lead, and would love to return to Carnival some day after they fix their issues.

I wouldn't say that a poll on cruise critic with under 100 votes is indicative of how the 4.5 million people that cruise on Carnival annually feel.

Archived