Jewel Concierge/butler Problems

big green

read some recent reviews on problems with the concierge and butlers

not providing very good service to aft end penthouse suites---can anyone comment

on very recent experience on the Jewel.

Thanks

BG

God, I hope not! We are cruising on the Jewel in 3 weeks in a Family Suite on Deck 11.

Check the recent reviews posted for the Jewel--you will see.

BG

It would be nice if you would be more specific.

I too have read the recent reviews on the Jewels and have had some questions myself. Also, I have noted that the review ratings went rather high to low for the Alaskan cruises. Perhaps a staffing problem or perhaps passengers who were more vocal or difficult to please. Who knows?

After looking at the reviews again, I find that the majority of reviewers were very happy. A frequent contributor to the board just returned from the Jewel and seemed quite happy. This couple had an aft suite and I haven't heard them complaining.

I also doubt it's the concierge / butler problem since I've found only the 1 or 2 negative reviews specifically to do with the Jewel. And yes, I read the reviews, not because we're in a PH suite next year but because I love hearing how nice things are done and how pampered ppl feel while enjoying the suite life.

We, as well as the Butler / Concierge / Steward / Wait Staff... etc. etc. are all human...mistakes can be made.. it's what you do after you've made the mistake that's really important...

I also doubt it's the concierge / butler problem since I've found only the 1 or 2 negative reviews specifically to do with the Jewel. And yes, I read the reviews, not because we're in a PH suite next year but because I love hearing how nice things are done and how pampered ppl feel while enjoying the suite life.

We, as well as the Butler / Concierge / Steward / Wait Staff... etc. etc. are all human...mistakes can be made.. it's what you do after you've made the mistake that's really important...

thanks for comments but really looking for someone to comment who has recently cruised on the Jewel in an aft penthouse suite.

BG

I too have read the recent reviews on the Jewels and have had some questions myself. Also, I have noted that the review ratings went rather high to low for the Alaskan cruises. Perhaps a staffing problem or perhaps passengers who were more vocal or difficult to please. Who knows?

After looking at the reviews again, I find that the majority of reviewers were very happy. A frequent contributor to the board just returned from the Jewel and seemed quite happy. This couple had an aft suite and I haven't heard them complaining.

Since we will be on there Friday in a aft penthouse suite I was concerned about the comments since we quite often use the butlers for different things.

The only time we had a bad experience with a butler ON NCL was a 19 day cruise to South America--so I hope it turns out ok --but I have noticed that for August and September the general reviews for the Jewel that have been posted are overall not above average,

bg

Since we will be on there Friday in a aft penthouse suite I was concerned about the comments since we quite often use the butlers for different things.

The only time we had a bad experience with a butler ON NCL was a 19 day cruise to South America--so I hope it turns out ok --but I have noticed that for August and September the general reviews for the Jewel that have been posted are overall not above average,

bg

Have you have a wonderful trip and thanks for responding.

Will be in a Jewel Aft Penthouse in April so very much looking forward to a report of your cruise:).

bg

I believe we had the same butler on SA cruise. Sun, right? I cruised after you. I remember reading your review prior to mine, if I recollect. My cruise was his last.

My most recenr Sun cruise I gave both B & C an A++++. Wishing same for you on your next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We sailed on the Jewel in May in an aft suite and everyone was very helpful and pleasant. I needed a lot of help because of a broken foot that I could put no weight on. Thank God for scooters.

Thank goodness indeed and glad you were still able to enjoy the suite life. Thank you also for putting a positive light on this thread it is appreciated and I'm still looking forward to the our aft-facing PH next November.

Hope all is well and you'll soon be on your next cruise too.

On Jewel class ships the butlers do rotate so you can't tell anything from somebody else's experience on an earlier cruise than your own because there might not be the same butler serving the suites as there were on an earlier week.

Also the reviewer in the linked review clearly didn't do anything onboard about the service they didn't receive, this is the worst you can do because if the officers onboard don't know that there is a problem, there is no way for them to fix it (we did have similar experience on our very first cruise in a suite because we didn't know exactly what to expect and were too shy to question the less than stellar service we actually got).

To me it seems hit and miss, mostly on hit though. I met a couple at dinner my last cruise and they were also complaining about this very issues, I don't have much more to go off of though.

Archived