Why does Carnival's 'on hold' message tell you to order eggs at midnight?

Jeafl

I thought I was hearing things, but I just spent half an hour on hold and heard them say it twice.

As far as I can remember you cannot order eggs from room service. Has something changed?

Did they specifically say from room service?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Someone on here claims to have asked for OBC at the guest service desk because they were refused eggs by room service. The guest desk agent told them the eggs offer is good only for eggs ordered AT midnight. ;)

LOL!!!! So, does that mean that you CAN order eggs AFTER midnight? If that is the case, that is very interesting. Who doesn't love breakfast after drinking and dancing all night?:D:D

Someone on here claims to have asked for OBC at the guest service desk because they were refused eggs by room service. The guest desk agent told them the eggs offer is good only for eggs ordered AT midnight. ;)

All calls placed to room service right at midnight are not answered until 12:01 am. "Eggs? Sorry, it's just past midnight."

It's most definitely a copy-writing script error. Not sure if something like that makes anyone dumb.

Okay, I'll amend that - it makes them look foolish. The eggs bit has been part of the 'hold' message for a long time, yet they haven't thought to change it? Coming from a family of hospitality employees (IT and management), I know how picky some establishments can be about putting out correct information; if it's not correct they like it fixed quickly.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal. It just makes me laugh when I hear it.

Archived