sky train

sheba2008

Is there a shortcut to canada place coming from skytrain?

We did came there a few years ago and came from skytrain walking throw the streets to canada place.

Now we have our parents with us (80 and 82) so we try to walk but a shortcut so it is not to far for them.

Thanks,

Linda

There are three routes. Two cover the same distance but one is inside all the way and the other is outside. Inside if all the escalators/elevators are working likely would like be best of those two.

The other is outside but down hill. (go up to street level in the opposite direction as most people when you arrive at Waterfront see Goggle Map and intersection of Hastings and Granville..(Waterfront Station South Bound))

neither would be a great improvement for folks of that age over what you experienced as far as I'm concerned.

Is there a shortcut to canada place coming from skytrain?

We did came there a few years ago and came from skytrain walking throw the streets to canada place.

Now we have our parents with us (80 and 82) so we try to walk but a shortcut so it is not to far for them.

Assuming you're talking about Skytrain's Canada Line from the airport (there are two other Skytrain lines; Expo & Millenium), your best bet is to exit using the elevator right on the platform marked "WAY OUT - GRANVILLE STREET", don't follow people down the tunnel into the station building. That puts you on the street at W.Hastings & Granville street. Turn left onto W.Hastings, walk one block, turn right on Howe walk 2 blocks Canada place is dead ahead. This method is slightly shorter and also makes the walk slightly downhill (vs uphill along Codova St from the station).

There are three routes. Two cover the same distance but one is inside all the way and the other is outside. Inside if all the escalators/elevators are working likely would like be best of those two.

The other is outside but down hill. (go up to street level in the opposite direction as most people when you arrive at Waterfront see Goggle Map and intersection of Hastings and Granville..(Waterfront Station South Bound))

neither would be a great improvement for folks of that age over what you experienced as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks,

Linda

• 5 weeks later...

Why would a person want to go directly from the ship to Canada Place? I am cruising into Vancouver next Sept and really do not know. We plan to disembark as early as possible, spend the day seeing some of Vancouver, then flying home the next day.

Why would a person want to go directly from the ship to Canada Place? I am cruising into Vancouver next Sept and really do not know. We plan to disembark as early as possible, spend the day seeing some of Vancouver, then flying home the next day.

Dunno....the OP wanted directions from the Skytrain to Canada Place. I assume he/she wanted to board the ship

Archived