*My Platinum Review of Carnival Liberty**Eastern with Pics

cuted126

The wind is trying to take me away lol. I look like the girl from "The Ring"

IMG_1226.jpg

And look who was in my room when I got back.......

Dash, he's a bear right?!?

IMG_1229.jpg

I liked him so much that I let him wear my beads

IMG_1230.jpg

That concludes Day 2. The drink of the day was "Mango Margarita" and the frozen drink special was "Hurricane Wave". I tried neither though.

*Random thoughts*

*Are we the only cruisers that never seem to catch "The Morning Show"? I think I did wake up too early one day and caught it by mistake lol

*Those Sail & Sign Kiosks are great! There should be one on every floor.

*Now that I'm platinum, there never seemed to be a person at the designated spot at the guest services desk! What is that about?!?:p

*We still hadn't met our room steward. Dh had left some shirts to be pressed out, but the mystery steward never took them.:confused:

I am thrilled to read this trip report as we're on the same ship/itinerary in November. Your photos are great and I can't wait to read more when you have the time. :)
Thanks!! I am loading the pics for St. Thomas now!!

Loving your review. Can't wait to be on the Liberty in Jan
Thanks and thank you for reading along!

So glad to find your review (I've read you others too) as we leave one week from today on the Western itinerary. Love HMC and look forward to the rest of your review! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for reading my reviews, I appreciate it! I will be on the western itinerary in November! Make sure you do a picture review! I would love to read it!

Your day on HMC looks like a blast! I am loving all your pictures! You look like someone on TV and it is driving me crazy trying to think who it is! I'll let you know if/when I ever remember who! :)
Thanks! Yes, HMC is a great place! I want to live there!:D I can't wait til you figure out who I look like! They say everyone has a twin. I usually get told I look like this lady

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRfpaZQ6TSFwYbPlBtfWAdxHWDN-iBnAEcxE461wJ5WT5KjuJrNQ

Kelly Price

I am loving your review!

We have never sailed the Liberty but have booked the 8 day cruise for November 2014 when she comes to Port Canaveral and we cannot wait.

Thanks for the great pictures!

You will love the Liberty, the only thing that will be missing is Karl! Still a great ship with a good crew!

Great review cuted126! I was on the Liberty maybe about 7 years ago. Great ship. I would love to sail on her again, especially now that she has the 2.0 upgrades.

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more of your review!

I enjoyed the upgrades! Too bad I never got to try the burrito place. Dh LOVED the upgraded sports bar and I wanted to try every drink at the tequila and rum bar:p

Great review! :)
Thanks!

I think Karl is retiring. :(

We are aft, so I guess I'll get some exercise going there!

Yes, Karl is taking a break. He says he will be gone about 8 months. We were the last cabin on the main deck, so we were "super aft" too. We would walk the entire main deck until we got to the forward elevators and then go up. Good exercise to work off those burgers!

Enjoying the review so far, especially the photos! We are on this same itinerary in December and it cannot get here soon enough!

DW refuses to look at any of the Liberty reviews as she wants to be "surprised" when she gets aboard, but I like to at least have an idea of what to expect.

Looking forward to the rest of the review and of course, more pictures!:D

Thank you for reading! Tell your wife, she will still be surprised when she gets on board, because she will be seeing it in person:D I have tons of pics coming up, if photobucket will work with me!

The wind is trying to take me away lol. I look like the girl from "The Ring"

IMG_1226.jpg

And look who was in my room when I got back.......

Dash, he's a bear right?!?

IMG_1229.jpg

I liked him so much that I let him wear my beads

IMG_1230.jpg

That concludes Day 2. The drink of the day was "Mango Margarita" and the frozen drink special was "Hurricane Wave". I tried neither though.

*Random thoughts*

*Are we the only cruisers that never seem to catch "The Morning Show"? I think I did wake up too early one day and caught it by mistake lol

*Those Sail & Sign Kiosks are great! There should be one on every floor.

*Now that I'm platinum, there never seemed to be a person at the designated spot at the guest services desk! What is that about?!?:p

*We still hadn't met our room steward. Dh had left some shirts to be pressed out, but the mystery steward never took them.:confused:

I know what you mean, but I have found that even if there's no one manning the platinum desk, if you just stand in the platinum line anyway, when one of the other guest services reps finishes waiting on a non-platinum guest, they will take you next (before other non-platinum guests in line).

This is what cruising is all about, lounging around, drinking, eating and just overall relaxing. I love getting my iPod, finding a spot up on deck and just watching the ocean go by! I love sea days & port days too lol. I love it all!

So I can’t remember what time we got up, but I knew I wanted to use my free drink coupon. I guess they give this too all gold level and up members? I got two of them, is that the usual procedure or an overlook? Well anyway, we went to the comedy brunch just for to enjoy our free drinks! Everybody knows that free drink always taste better, right?!? J

The good thing is the Silver Olympian dining room was on the third floor just above our deck. Oh, our room was 2471 and I discovered I really didn’t take too many pictures of it. That is really WEIRD of me. I didn’t take any pics of the buffet either. Anyways, the Silver Olympian is where the comedy brunch is held. The Gold Olympian is where anytime dining is held. They look exactly alike except for the colors. I think the silver dining room was gorgeous.

I believe this is the gold dining room

IMG_1232.jpg

When we got to the dining room there was a line and people waiting. We had to wait maybe 5 minutes before we were called. Here are some not so good pics of the menus

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

We were brought a YUMMY basket of bread

IMG_1238.jpg

And here is a lady who is so very happy to be on vacation

IMG_1239.jpg

And her hubby, who is still being weird with the camera

IMG_1246.jpg

I started with a caser salad, which I found weird since it around 10:30 in the morning, but I had to have it! It was excellent too.

IMG_1241.jpg

Dh got the Fresh Fruit Platter

IMG_1240.jpg

My entrée was the fat stack chocolate chip pancakes, ham and the round hashbrowns that I love! I never see those on lido anymore.

IMG_1243.jpg

Hubby got some type of omelet, sausage and hash browns

IMG_1242.jpg

I did not care for the fat stack pancakes, I probably should've stuck with plain instead of chocolate chip and this is what DH thought about his breakfast

IMG_1248.jpg

While we were eating one of the comedians did maybe a three minute show. We could barely see him or hear him. I am not even sure it was three minutes, he did one joke lol. Since I had two drink coupons, I asked if it was okay for me to use them both that day. Our waiter asked and they said it was okay. I was happy since I wanted to stick with lido for breakfast the rest of the cruise.

It was then that we acquired the rudest drink waiter ever. He did not want to answer any question and he just seemed annoyed by just being there or maybe it was us he was annoyed by. The only question we asked was "Could we see the classic drink menu?" He slammed it down on the table. I bit my tongue as he threw our S&S card down on the table and when he came back with the drinks,he threw the pen and the receipt on the table as well.

I had to let him know (as nice as I could) how rude he was and that I did not appreciate it. I've never encountered anything like that on any of my cruises.

My drink...... margarita on the rocks, no salt

IMG_1244.jpg

I started with a caser salad, which I found weird since it around 10:30 in the morning, but I had to have it! It was excellent too.

IMG_1241.jpg

Dh got the Fresh Fruit Platter

IMG_1240.jpg

My entrée was the fat stack chocolate chip pancakes, ham and the round hashbrowns that I love! I never see those on lido anymore.

IMG_1243.jpg

Hubby got some type of omelet, sausage and hash browns

IMG_1242.jpg

I did not care for the fat stack pancakes, I probably should've stuck with plain instead of chocolate chip and this is what DH thought about his breakfast

IMG_1248.jpg

While we were eating one of the comedians did maybe a three minute show. We could barely see him or hear him. I am not even sure it was three minutes, he did one joke lol. Since I had two drink coupons, I asked if it was okay for me to use them both that day. Our waiter asked and they said it was okay. I was happy since I wanted to stick with lido for breakfast the rest of the cruise.

It was then that we acquired the rudest drink waiter ever. He did not want to answer any question and he just seemed annoyed by just being there or maybe it was us he was annoyed by. The only question we asked was "Could we see the classic drink menu?" He slammed it down on the table. I bit my tongue as he threw our S&S card down on the table and when he came back with the drinks,he threw the pen and the receipt on the table as well.

I had to let him know (as nice as I could) how rude he was and that I did not appreciate it. I've never encountered anything like that on any of my cruises.

My drink...... margarita on the rocks, no salt

IMG_1244.jpg

The drink looks yummy!! How awful..I would have had to complain to someone...not nice of him at all especially throwing stuff around!

Pretty chandelier in the dining room

IMG_1245.jpg

After breakfast we were bums pretty much for the rest of he day! While walking back from breakfast, DH wanted to "stop by" the sports bar.

IMG_1249.jpg

I have to admit, it is very, very nice. If I loved sports, I would want to spend lots of time there too.

Loved the screen running on the wall

IMG_1250.jpg

Candy anyone?

IMG_1252.jpg

It was a beautiful day outside

IMG_1253.jpg

We found our spot, which was (deck 10 I believe) right near the Camp Carnival pool. This space provided us with lots of shade. We pulled out our IPods' and lounged for awhile.

IMG_1255.jpg

We were just lazy I tell you! For all the non lazy people, don't worry there was lots of classes, trivia, and activities, going on. We were just too lazy and relaxed to attend. We did move when we got hungry though lol

The drink of the day "Red's Remedy"

IMG_1257.jpg

After lunch, I realized that we had not went anywhere near the funnel deck or sports deck:eek: I'm slipping!

Pure Beauty

IMG_1259.jpg

There was a very intense game of dodge ball going on! We enjoyed that for about 30 minutes.

IMG_1260.jpg

While standing out there, we noticed someone had dropped their wallet, we took it to customer service and then we proceeded back to "our spot" on deck 10 where we lounged some more until it was time to get ready for elegant night!

Picture I took from our spot

IMG_1264.jpg

There is nothing better than this view! Just ocean, sky and clouds

IMG_1267.jpg

Hey, are you sleep? You guys know the answer....

IMG_1268.jpg

Soon it was time to get up and "gussy up" for elegant night. I still wasn't ready to move and neither was DH lol. When we got back to our room we had somebody waiting for us and he was wearing my beads!

Tex the rabbit

IMG_1274.jpg

I had a platinum gift, so I let Tex wear it! Doesn't he look cute!

IMG_1275.jpg

Oh and how did I forget to post the platinum pic I made DH take today lol!

IMG_1247.jpg

I really did rub it in lol

So it was time to get elegant and that we did.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1286-1.jpg

The show for tonight was "Wonderful World" which both hubby and I enjoyed. There was also comedy tonight as well. We had no problem finding seats. This would be the last night for that :(. This night Cowboy Bill was hilarious. Stanley Ullman also did two shows. I really wish the comedy could be held in the theater. The lounge in the back is so confined :(

Time for dinner pics........

I started with my usual! It was so good! Dh had one too....

IMG_1287.jpg

Dh had his regular two entrees, he had the ribs.....

IMG_1288.jpg

And Salmon

IMG_1289.jpg

I had the carbonara and it was dry as the Sahara

IMG_1291.jpg

No problem.I asked Maribel for more sauce and since it took awhile, she brought me another whole plate so it would piping hot for me. She was such a sweetheart. Our dining experience took about 2 hours. I found that on elegant night, it's usually much slower.

Dh getting in on the "Showtime" festivities

IMG_1292.jpg

Desserts!

I believe this is the banana cream cake

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

**Random thoughts***

-Today was the mixology contest, I was too lazy to get up and go watch

-The ship was rocking this night and every night from then on until the last night. It wasn't bothersome, but we noticed it. It was more like a soothing sway for us sleepy people:D I miss that sway!

-I missed the murder mystery held today. See I missed everything this cruise

I hope everyone is still interested. Sorry it's taking so long, my schedule has just been so busy. I am uploading St. Thomas pics and I am including all of them, so it's gonna take awhile. I will continue with St. Thomas tomorrow.

St. Thomas day was also our 8th Anniversary and I was so excited to be spending it in such a beautiful place!

[quote name='mephistoles']So glad that you were able to make your flight! I totally agree with you about Karl with a K...dude was AWESOME. He seemed to be everywhere and always seemed to have time for a quick chat. We sailed the Breeze this past August and while Butch was great in his own way, I didn't see him half as much as I saw Karl....but then again, maybe it's because the Breeze is a bigger ship(?). I really hate that Karl is retiring because he is so awesome at what he does.
Your husband reminds me so much of mine in that "I'm not asleep" picture. My husband does it all the time and even denies it when I show him photographic evidence. He says that he was just "blinking hard" or "resting his eyes" :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm loving your review! :D

PS...Congrats on the platinum stat....I hope to get there one day[/quote]
Loving the review. I even voice recorded my DH snoring and had him listen to it and he still denied or he'll say "WE had a good nap"...and I haven't even got one wink in.

[quote name='cuted126']Guess who's platinum lol
[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3d705b3127ccef4650af8b88300000030O08AZNmLdszctwe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00007936716220130924173044817.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

My Hubby seriously had a look like this --->:rolleyes: on his face when I took this pic lol!! Gotta love it!

Half Moon Cay up next........ Off to load millions of pics![/quote]

I'm gonna take that SAME pic in November!! Well, the pic will have ME in it, and it'll be on the Inspiration...out of Long Beach...but STILL! :p

Congratulations!!:)

[quote name='2 cruzen']I love reading reviews with lots of port and food pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :D[/quote] I'm glad you are enjoying it! I will get as much done as I can today!

[quote name='alreadypacked']I know what you mean, but I have found that even if there's no one manning the platinum desk, if you just stand in the platinum line anyway, [COLOR=red]when one of the other guest services reps finishes waiting on a non-platinum guest, they will take you next (before other non-platinum guests in line)[/COLOR].[/quote] Yes, they did do this indeed and you get some mean looks from other guests for it too lol