Which Aft wrap on Liberty?

Khloella

My husband and I are going on the Liberty in June for our 1 year anniversary. We decided to get an aft wrap. I picked cabin 7445 because we would have rooms above and below us. I started reading more about these aft wraps and apparently the balcony is shaped differently on the different decks. I definitely don't want to be on deck 8 because I heard that you hear chairs moving above you by the aft pool. So that leaves deck 7 where we are or deck 6. I've heard that deck 6 has more of an aft view and that deck 7 the balcony starts at a diagonal and then has the side portion of the balcony. Which one is better in terms of coolness, shade, and view?

My husband and I are going on the Liberty in June for our 1 year anniversary. We decided to get an aft wrap. I picked cabin 7445 because we would have rooms above and below us. I started reading more about these aft wraps and apparently the balcony is shaped differently on the different decks. I definitely don't want to be on deck 8 because I heard that you hear chairs moving above you by the aft pool. So that leaves deck 7 where we are or deck 6. I've heard that deck 6 has more of an aft view and that deck 7 the balcony starts at a diagonal and then has the side portion of the balcony. Which one is better in terms of coolness, shade, and view?

Stay where you are. You could hear noise from below from the aft lounge if you move to deck 6. I have and I will NEVER do it again.

Edited by nrrice

We had an aft wrap on the Liberty on Deck 6. We heard no noise at all. We loved the room. There is equal amounts of aft and side balcony on deck six. At you go up, there is more side, and very little aft balcony. We could see this very clearly from our balcony.

I would go with deck 6 again if we were getting an aft wrap.

Claudia

We stayed in 7445 on the Liberty for a B2B on June 15/22. The cabin is shaped a bit weird in that the layout is at 45 degrees to the rest of the ship and there is no couch either, but that's' the way aft wraps are on Conquest ships.

The balcony is nice and does have a wrap around on the side that provides welcome shade and privacy, it's probably the area of the balcony where we spent the most time, Very nice to sit out there in the late afternoon with a drink or two. I believe we had two chairs, a lounger, and a small table.

AFA the "aft" portion of the balcony, it is:

1. Hot with no breezes.
  2. Has no privacy.
  3. Occasionally has soot/garbage/cigarette butts on it.
  4. All of the above.

The correct answer is #4, but like I said the side portion was the most used portion by us.

AFA which deck is better? that is very subjective and unless one has had a cabin on each deck one really doesn't know and is guessing. My experience on the Liberty in 7445 was very favorable, but I'd probably get a suite next time. AFA the rest of the Liberty experience I really likes the Red Frog and the Blue Iguana areas the best followed by the Serenity deck and Alchemy bar.. The 2.0 Funship upgrades puts this ship ahead of the Freedom and Valor ships (which I have been on) and probably the rest of the Conquest class.

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed in 7445 on the Liberty for a B2B on June 15/22. The cabin is shaped a bit weird in that the layout is at 45 degrees to the rest of the ship and there is no couch either, but that's' the way aft wraps are on Conquest ships.

The balcony is nice and does have a wrap around on the side that provides welcome shade and privacy, it's probably the area of the balcony where we spent the most time, Very nice to sit out there in the late afternoon with a drink or two. I believe we had two chairs, a lounger, and a small table.

AFA the "aft" portion of the balcony, it is:

1. Hot with no breezes.
  2. Has no privacy.
  3. Occasionally has soot/garbage/cigarette butts on it.
  4. All of the above.

The correct answer is #4, but like I said the side portion was the most used portion by us.

AFA which deck is better? that is very subjective and unless one has had a cabin on each deck one really doesn't know and is guessing. My experience on the Liberty in 7445 was very favorable, but I'd probably get a suite next time. AFA the rest of the Liberty experience I really likes the Red Frog and the Blue Iguana areas the best followed by the Serenity deck and Alchemy bar.. The 2.0 Funship upgrades puts this ship ahead of the Freedom and Valor ships (which I have been on) and probably the rest of the Conquest class.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! This is really helpful! We're people who love being on the decks in loungers, but we needs some shade since we both sunburn easily. I think I might stick with where we are then since we would like to stay in the shade.

When I was on Deck 8, I really didn't notice much noise from the floor above us and I really liked having the side view of the balcony as well as being able to see the side. I will only book on deck 8 now if they are available
I noticed some noise on the port side (really not bad), but not on the starboard side since there are no deck chairs directly above the cabin - it's an ice cream station. I love deck 8 balconies.:cool:

We did a B2B on the Liberty last October and stayed in room 8448 for both legs. We did not notice much noise at all, an enjoed it very much. The only thing we did not like is the aft wraps on the conques class ships do not have the same privacy you have on the Dream class ships. Other than that I would say go gor the 8th floor, it has the best balconies of all the aft wraps IMO. Have fun!!

• 2 years later...

We just got off of the Liberty 2 weeks ago. We stayed in 8455. It was the aft wrap on the starboard side. The room was incredible and that HUGE balcony was amazing. We loved the way the bed was on an angle and faced out the windows. There was no sofa in the room but we were not in there much because of the balcony. We had 3 loungers and 4 chairs out there. Only heard noise from above one morning about 8 am but other than that no issues at all.