To guests onboard the QM2 22SEP-01OCT

skyhawk352

To anyone onboard the QM2 currently,

I'd like to get a message to someone onboard the QM2 and I need some assistance. I was on the 10SEP sailing and wanted to send a letter of thanks to an employee. Too many people go thru life not realizing that the little things they do make a lasting impression. I tried to reach via email, but have been unable to obtain an email address. Is anyone willing to print up a letter to them if I send it via email and drop it off at the Purser's desk for me?

I appreciate it anyone could help me. It would mean a lot.

My email address is skyhawk352@aol.com

Karin.

Hi Karin. I don't know if this will be of any help, but if you wish to send your message via fax addressed to the individual you are hoping to reach, here is the fax number for QM2: 00 870 331 062 710 or 720

Faxes are received at the Pursar's desk, and are then delivered to the addressee. [source: https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/contact_family ]

-S.

Alternatively, perhaps this might be of help?

Is there an e-mail address to contact staff members on board?

Regrettably, there is not a specific email address to contact staff members on board. Unless you have previously made arrangements to directly contact a staff member, we can pass a message on. Please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0000 or email us uk.reservations@cunard.co.uk

(Calls charged at local rate)

copied from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/contact_staff

Thanks Salacia.. Maybe it's a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone onboard will be willing to help.. This way I'd know that that the message was truly delivered. My luck is that the fax wouldn't go thru or the generic email would just get lost in the shuffle.. I appreciate you looking up that info though.

Thanks Salacia.. Maybe it's a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone onboard will be willing to help.. This way I'd know that that the message was truly delivered. My luck is that the fax wouldn't go thru or the generic email would just get lost in the shuffle.. I appreciate you looking up that info though.

I understand. But you are asking that a passenger on board give their e-mail address to a stranger, use their holiday time on board and expensive internet minutes to e-mail back and forth, pay to have your message printed out, then acting as a courrier, hand deliver it the Pursar's Desk - and even then you couldn't be certain that your e-mail was "truly delivered". All of this for a non-emergency message, albeit a well meaning message that is not time-sensitive.

BTW, you have noticed previous threads indicating that currently, some passengers are experiencing difficulty accessing their e-mail accounts on board?

Most fax machines indicate if a fax has been successfully transmitted, indicating the time of receipt.

-S

I get it. If you were onboard, you wouldn't want to help. Naive, being a NYer and all, but I believe in the kindness if strangers. Perhaps someone has a few extra internet minutes, etc, where they wouldn't mind helping out.

I realize you don't think it's an important thing I'm doing, but I took this cruise with my mom as a way to celebrate what she's gotten past during the last few months when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Those 12 days were her escape from thinking about her upcoming surgery in a few weeks. This person put a smile on her face each time she saw him. For that I am grateful. As I mentioned, too many people go thru life not realizing how much they affected someone else. I believe in letting them know that they did make a difference.

I get it. If you were onboard, you wouldn't want to help. Naive, being a NYer and all, but I believe in the kindness if strangers. Perhaps someone has a few extra internet minutes, etc, where they wouldn't mind helping out.

I realize you don't think it's an important thing I'm doing, but I took this cruise with my mom as a way to celebrate what she's gotten past during the last few months when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Those 12 days were her escape from thinking about her upcoming surgery in a few weeks. This person put a smile on her face each time she saw him. For that I am grateful. As I mentioned, too many people go thru life not realizing how much they affected someone else. I believe in letting them know that they did make a difference.

I am also a New Yorker - since birth. But I'm sorry that I didn't convey myself well because you obviously don't "get it".

When I was on board last week, I struggled with my internet connection. I was able to connect to this forum only after several efforts and many wasted minutes. Please don't assume/judge that if you do not receive a response to your plea from those currently on board that they are meanies who don't want to help you. It's just too dam hard to do so, especially when you are in a better position to access the internet than passengers on board.

BTW, some of us pack in our luggage thank you cards for those members of the staff that have made our voyage all the more enjoyable because of their extra efforts. Some enclose a gratuity, and/or a "You have been a Star" recommendation. Some passengers go further and write a note to the staff members' supervisor commenting on the excellent employee by name and job description. And there are those on this forum who mention the name of the excellent crew member here so that the staff member's good reputation will grow.

Personal expressions are made the night before disembarkation when thanks and appreciation are expressed face-to-face - or so I have been told:cool:

Most importantly, my best wishes to your mother.

Salacia

Salacia - Sometimes no matter how much planning you put into something, it just doesn't work. I had a whole 'proper' personal letter of thanks all written up and planned on dropping it off the last morning while onboard, but in the rush to do some last minute packing, it accidentally ended up in my suitcase.

Thank you to all of the wonderful responses I received. The letter has been forwarded to someone onboard who offered to deliver it for me. I appreciate everyones generocity. Thank you once again and enjoy the rest of your voyage.

Archived