Cruise Deals

Grez

If you want to make a proper comlaint, send an e-mail to david.burling@thomson.co.uk

When i did this, i had a call back (althoguh 7 days later) from the executive office, and had a good hour chat to someone to air my problems, and was very good.

Also, if you have the cruise brochure (you can probably still download it), it clearlys states the MAnchester flight home for the 27 day cruise is 14.10, so you can point out that you are unhappy at being almost accused of lying, as there is no way you could have been told that is the flight home, although it was clearly printing in their brochure, and maybe staff need a little more training.

Hello sodafountain

I just wanted Thomson to be aware that I was unhappy and for them to register the fact that I was dissatisfied with the way my booking had been handled. It was not a complaint nor was there any intent to seek recompense.

Following several emails yesterday the situation has now been amicably resolved.:)

Hi geomagot

Thanks for your comments. It was so frustrating to find there had been a change and I had not been notified until payment of the final balance when flight details were confirmed.

However, I took the information on board, although unhappy, and only wanted Thomson to know my dissatisfaction of the handling of the booking.

Not being one to complain or seek recompense I just wanted my dissatisfaction registered and for someone to acknowledge the mistake.

I am pleased to say the situation has now been resolved amicably by the Social Media Team.:)

Wasn't aware of the insurance fee for Train Line. Got my tickets on Sunday for going to Manchester now have to wait four weeks before getting the returns. It is a 650 mile round trip for us so train was the best option.

I like everything to be in place when the final balance is due but this change caused a slight blip. Fortunately it only meant booking another overnight stay then getting the return tickets. Then 4 weeks of bliss to look forward to (this will be our fourth transatlantic crossing).:)

Hi Skioncruises, so pleased you have achieved satisfaction with your problem and can progress with planning your holiday and looking forward to it :).

On the plus side, this thread has thrown up several pieces of invaluable info which I will certainly make use of :)

Hi Skioncruises, so pleased you have achieved satisfaction with your problem and can progress with planning your holiday and looking forward to it .

On the plus side, this thread has thrown up several pieces of invaluable info which I will certainly make use of

Hi Little Nell

I'm glad they eventually acknowledged there was a problem with the flight and I was unhappy with the way things had been handled. That was all I wanted.:)

It's a pity you had to bring your Transatlantic cruise forward, although you seem to have had a ball. We could have met up and I could have given you the information you might need if you decide to go to Manchester by train when it comes to your next cruise. However, don't know when it is you are going but if it is after May when we get back I will be able to give you all the info then.:)

Hi Little Nell

I'm glad they eventually acknowledged there was a problem with the flight and I was unhappy with the way things had been handled. That was all I wanted.:)

It's a pity you had to bring your Transatlantic cruise forward, although you seem to have had a ball. We could have met up and I could have given you the information you might need if you decide to go to Manchester by train when it comes to your next cruise. However, don't know when it is you are going but if it is after May when we get back I will be able to give you all the info then.:)

That would be brilliant, Skioncruises. We don't go until Feb 2015. We are looking at something else for the summer as it is too far away. I would appreciate any advice you could give on the logistics of the journey and staying over after you've done it :)

We did love the TA and met some fantastic people and would have booked for April 2015 but it went up £400 overnight. We were also tracking the Celebration Barbados departures and opted for that before the same thing happened to the prices. We got the AI for £10 a day each. We decided after paying for it on the TA that we wouldn't pay for it again but at that price we couldn't resist.

I am sure your TA will have a brilliant atmosphere too. There's one thing for sure, I now know I enjoy crossing the Atlantic and didn't mind the sea days. Absolutely the most relaxing holiday ever. You know all of that of course as you are a TA veteran ;)

I'm glad it's all sorted Skion.

You can relax now, well until you have to start packing.

Hello happy v

I'm pleased they got the message and understood I only wanted to let them know I didn't like their way of dealing with customers.

It was so annoying to have all my well-laid plans go up in the air but, once I had calmed down and put my organising head back on, I actually booked the overnight return hotel in the afternoon before you so kindly let me know that the flight still existed, even although it appears to have been offset for passengers on the 20 night cruise.

Nearly all the other bits and pieces that go into organising a holiday are in place, with the exception of our return train tickets which can't be booked for another four weeks. Advance tickets only go on sale twelve weeks before and it is a cat and mouse game waiting until the right price comes up.:D:)

Really looking forward to the cruise. It will be our fourth Transatlantic crossing, as well as the longest, and we really enjoy them.:D:)