How does Princess handle B2B cruisers

dvanlinge

When we did our b2b in Alaska, Vancouver to Vancouver, when we arrived at Whitter, AK we were allowed to remain on board. We were given new cruise cards for the second part of the booking. We were lucky to have the same cabin so we did not have to repack and then move to another cabin. We only had to go through the gangway security to get our pictures rescanned.

Previous Cruises

Alaska 2008 – Island Princess

Alaska 2009 – Island Princess

Alaska 2010 – Royal Princess

Alaska 2011 – Golden Princess

Alaska 2012 – Star Princess

Panama Canal 2012 – Coral Princess

Western Caribbean – Crown Princess

Alaska 2013 – Island Princess

Future Cruises

Western Caribbean 2013 – Caribbean Princess

Southern Caribbean 2014 – Royal Princess

Hi I am thinking of doing a back to back cruise and was wondering how Princess handles the transition from the first to the second cruise? I would love to hear your experiences with the process.

Thanks,

Dave

It depends on the location/port of the transition.

I was told by the Princess representative that having to leave the ship and re-board is the policy of the ports authority. It is not something that Princess dictates. I asked her if I had to repack. She said no, if you are in the same cabin. We requested and got the same cabin on both legs of the B2B.

It would be in Los Angeles as we are thinking of the 3 and 4 day west coast cruise.

If you have to pack do you just take your things directly to the new cabin?

what about immigration do you have to go through them as well?

Your steward will provide a clothes rack like in hotels for clothes on hangers. Put other items in your suitcases. Steward should move everything for you. We were only three cabins down so we helped with the move.

In the US, all passengers need to exit the ship before the ship is cleared for the next cruise. You will get your new cruise card the day before and an In Transit Pass. You can get off and explore the port and then board when general boarding for new passengers starts or you can stay on board and be led through Immigration with Princess staff. You don't go through customs until the end of your second cruise. Procedure in other countries may vary.

In San Francisco on the Grand between the Alaska and Mexican cruises this month, we changed cabins. We packed suitcases from the drawers and left the hanging clothes on hangers. Everything was moved for us.

We were asked to be out of our cabin by 9:00 and to meet in Vines at 10:30, where our old card was scanned, and the new card scanned and a picture taken. We did fill in immigration forms like everyone else, but never had to leave the ship.

Archived