Pride of America help please !

meduza

We love the aft balconies - if there is one available and the price is right I would jump on it!

If it would be higher deck available I would take it. But it's deck seven and below is the main dining room. I'm worry about noise...

If it would be higher deck available I would take it. But it's deck seven and below is the main dining room. I'm worry about noise...

So the MDR ceiling would be below your cabin? Not sure if you'd get much noise through the ceiling. Would be more concerned if the MDR were above you with chair scraping, sweeping etc. Should be no late night noise as there would be from a lounge, but possible early am noise. Are you late sleepers?Maybe someone who has been aft on 7 can weigh in, but I think it would be ok. I love aft balconies! To me it would be worth it.

So the MDR ceiling would be below your cabin? Not sure if you'd get much noise through the ceiling. Would be more concerned if the MDR were above you with chair scraping, sweeping etc. Should be no late night noise as there would be from a lounge, but possible early am noise. Are you late sleepers?Maybe someone who has been aft on 7 can weigh in, but I think it would be ok. I love aft balconies! To me it would be worth it.

Thanks for your comments !

We are not late sleepers , so early morning noise would not bothering us. I'm worry for late night noise as I'm very light sleeper 😀 . Hope someone who have been in this cabins will reply on my question.

Hello !

We are one week from our cruise on Pride of America, and thinking to switch our balcony cabin on deck 9 to aft facing on deck 7.

Any thoughts ? Please !

Do an internet search with rhymes with "n**dle" Pride of America #### (insert cabin number) and you'll come up with lots of information and photos. You're likely to find out if noise will be a problem

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for your comments !

We are not late sleepers , so early morning noise would not bothering us. I'm worry for late night noise as I'm very light sleeper 😀 . Hope someone who have been in this cabins will reply on my question.

Not sure what is "late" for you. I thinks the MDRs close at around 10:00pm, so unless they are cleaning in there afterward......... The only time I ever had a noise issue in a cabin was when the noise was coming from overhead, through my cabin ceiling from the floor of the deck above. The MDRs have very high ceilings. I would think most of the noise generated at floor level there would dissipate before it reached your cabin above.

Not sure what is "late" for you. I thinks the MDRs close at around 10:00pm, so unless they are cleaning in there afterward......... The only time I ever had a noise issue in a cabin was when the noise was coming from overhead, through my cabin ceiling from the floor of the deck above. The MDRs have very high ceilings. I would think most of the noise generated at floor level there would dissipate before it reached your cabin above.

You are absolutely right, I forgot that MDR have very high ceilings 😊

Archived