Questions re changes in FTTF sold out status / availability

Laurin612

So, I missed the boat somehow and found that Faster to the Fun was already sold out when I went to look for it for my upcoming cruise. Both DH and I have been obsessively checking several times a day.

I have heard that when additional FTTF packages are offered for sale they usually go up in batches of 15. I was wondering if that is also the case for people who cancel their cruises. I also wonder if anyone has noticed a pattern for when additional FTTF packages are typically made available on the carnival.com web site.

Finally, has anyone successfully booked FTTF through their travel agent or PVP?

Any input or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I can only answer 1 of your questions - if someone cancels their cruise and they have FTTF (or any excursion) already booked then that ONE will go back to being available - it doesn't have to 'wait' until they release more.

Matter of fact someone on my roll call was saying that they had to cancel and wanted to give the others on the roll the opportunity to purchase the FTTF that was going to be going back in for release.

Hope this helps.

As far as I know, FTTF can only be booked directly with Carnival. I suppose a PVP could do it if you couldn't book it online. TA can't do it. And if someone who has already booked FTTF cancels, that slot will become open shortly thereafter. I know, because I've changed cruises twice in the last month. Each time after I already booked FTTF. My credit card was credited back within a day and FTTF count went up.

Yes I checked just because I'm addicted to anything to do with cruising!!:D

So, I missed the boat somehow and found that Faster to the Fun was already sold out when I went to look for it for my upcoming cruise. Both DH and I have been obsessively checking several times a day.

I have heard that when additional FTTF packages are offered for sale they usually go up in batches of 15. I was wondering if that is also the case for people who cancel their cruises. I also wonder if anyone has noticed a pattern for when additional FTTF packages are typically made available on the carnival.com web site.

Finally, has anyone successfully booked FTTF through their travel agent or PVP?

Any input or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I keep looking and about 80 days out 1 came avaialable and I jumped on it it was 6AM when I found it. You cannot book through a TA or PVP.

We booked our April 14, 2014 cruise on Dream on September 23. As soon as I had my booking number, I went to buy FTTF. It was SOLD OUT:( Total bummer. After seeing on here that they sometimes add more, I made a note to keep checking. At 1:30 AM on September 26, I was getting ready to go to bed when I just got a feeling I should check for FTTF. There were 5 available! I booked it right away. The other 2 couples going with us also managed to get it booked later in the day. Whew! Yay for women's intuition--and listening to it!:D

Archived