Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

In the afternoon we spent more time in the sun. We also went to the Thrill Theater, this time we got there 10 minutes before the show was scheduled to start. It was full; we waited 40 minutes for the next one to start. Therefore I recommend you go early in the cruise before the others cruisers are aware it exists.

We also did some laundry; another Platinum advantage is you get 3 bags of laundry done for free. We also had 3 free bags for the kid’s cabin.

DSC_08283_zpsc885731c.jpg

With the money we saved Tracy and I used our $.25 pieces for a bit of gambling.

Lost it all.

DSC_08303_zps7e2d37ea.jpg

For dinner we went to the Red Frog Pub. We ordered everything on the menu and shared it. They have 8 appetizers all priced at $3.33 each.

DSC_08313_zpsa69cfce7.jpg

Coconut Shrimp, Grouper Fingers, Firecracker Jamaican Wings, Bahamian Conch Salad, Caribbean Sliders, Kicked-Up Conch Fritters, Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Sandwiches, West Indies Roti.

Here are photographs of some of them.

DSC_08323_zps82a5bce5.jpg

DSC_08333_zps3342153b.jpg

DSC_08343_zps888e1437.jpg

DSC_08353_zps32971714.jpg

The meal was a lot of fun; I tried their signature ThirstyFrog Red which was very good. The meal cost $48 with drinks.

After dinner we spent some time in the Ocean Plaza. Arielle sang some Karaoke.

DSC_08373_zps8298c384.jpg

We had a snack from the Taste Bar.

DSC_08383_zps90764a41.jpg

DSC_08403_zps3879018c.jpg

I also had a dessert from the Café. Tried something different.

DSC_08363_zps57737f25.jpg

I like the fact you have entertainment, snacks (Taste Bar) and treats (Plaza Café) all in the Ocean Plaza.

For our evening entertainment we went to ‘Divas’ in the Ovation Theater. I had read mixed reviews about the show on Cruise Critic and I must say it was better than I expected, Tracy also enjoyed it. Some pre-show fun with our cruise director Butch Begovich.

What you can do with a long piece of material.

DSC_08423_zps75bb04d8.jpg

DSC_08433_zpsec5ed9ab.jpg

Three couples were picked to participate in the dress your partner contest. The men had 1 minute to fashion a dress on their wives.

DSC_08443_zpsdafb80ee.jpg

DSC_08453_zps9de09e20.jpg

The men also had to strut their stuff on the walkway.

DSC_08463_zpsa34a9a9a.jpg

The winning wife would be brought backstage and made up into a Diva and she would come out in the show’s finale.

The winner

DSC_08483_zps405d874b.jpg

Then we hurried over to the Limelight Lounge for the Punchliner Comedy featuring Cowboy Bill Martin. He was good.

After the show.

DSC_08493_zps6ec6bc28.jpg

DSC_08503_zps9f183bce.jpg

Then we visited the Piano Bar 88 with Ben.

DSC_08512_zps6d0f74cb.jpg

DSC_08523_zps40b388a3.jpg

Well that’s all for today, goodnight.

DSC_08413_zpsf00ab624.jpg

Next: Sea Day

Thank you for posting such a complete review. We are doing a B2B in February. I have a couple of questions.

If we buy duty free bottles the first cruise, will they be delivered to our cabin on the last day of the first cruise, so that we could consume them during our second leg of the B2B or do they hold the bottles until we debark on the last day of our second leg of the B2B?

Do they serve dessert in the Italian restaurant during the lunch time slot?

Thanks and many more happy sailings to you and your family!

Thank you for posting such a complete review. We are doing a B2B in February. I have a couple of questions.

If we buy duty free bottles the first cruise, will they be delivered to our cabin on the last day of the first cruise, so that we could consume them during our second leg of the B2B or do they hold the bottles until we debark on the last day of our second leg of the B2B?

I have never done a B2B on the same ship but I read on CC that they will deliver them on the last day of your first cruise.

Do they serve dessert in the Italian restaurant during the lunch time slot?

No, didn't see it on the menu.

Thanks and many more happy sailings to you and your family!

Thank you.

We started the day by going to the comedy brunch.

DSC_08553_zps0517b539.jpg

The bar counter.

DSC_08543_zpse7896c08.jpg

DSC_08533_zps8c48473e.jpg

DSC_08563_zps000ff6ad.jpg

This time I ordered my usual, Carne Y Huevos (Filet Mignon & Eggs) with a side order of sausage and bacon.

DSC_08573_zps6cc4c916.jpg

Tracy had the same with a side order of turkey bacon.

DSC_08583_zpsa9d4b145.jpg

Mike...first of all I love all of your reviews. I've been on many of the same itineraries and ships as you.. I like reliving my cruise thru your eyes. Your photos are phenomenal. I was wondering if you guys have given any consideration to another cruise line? Having cruised on the Breeze twice in 2013 I find we are bitten by the "new ship bug" and want to explore another line. Probably the new NCL Getaway in the spring. I was just wondering if you had considered anything else?

Mike...first of all I love all of your reviews. I've been on many of the same itineraries and ships as you.. I like reliving my cruise thru your eyes. Your photos are phenomenal. I was wondering if you guys have given any consideration to another cruise line? Having cruised on the Breeze twice in 2013 I find we are bitten by the "new ship bug" and want to explore another line. Probably the new NCL Getaway in the spring. I was just wondering if you had considered anything else?

Thank you, yes we want try most of the other cruise line when the time is right.