Just booked - NCL Spirit - Europe

rhinomike

Well I have been busy today. Just booked first class airfare for me, my wife and our 4 boys. I also booked us 2 cabins on the Spirit out of Barcelona. We will do the 2 week cruise and spend 2 additional weeks sightseeing all over Europe. 1 month total. We want to see it all. I hope we don't get home sick. We have never been gone more than 2 weeks. I hope we aren't exhausted.

I wish Carnival had cruise ships in Europe during the summer.

We did the exact same thing last summer on the Breeze. My boys loved the extra 2 weeks after the cruise and didn't want to come home. The only down side was that after a month in Europe, very few of my clothes fit (LOL)!! We are considering doing it again next summer or the summer after, but obviously not with Carnival.

the spirit is a great ship.. you'll like it.. only advice I'd give is try not to have a dining table in windows right at the back - it tends to get the vibration from the props at various speeds... its just the right size ship to feel comfy. not that I didn't enjoy the Breeze though- but its twice the size

Well I have been busy today. Just booked first class airfare for me, my wife and our 4 boys. I also booked us 2 cabins on the Spirit out of Barcelona. We will do the 2 week cruise and spend 2 additional weeks sightseeing all over Europe. 1 month total. We want to see it all. I hope we don't get home sick. We have never been gone more than 2 weeks. I hope we aren't exhausted.

Congratulations, rhinomike! I hope you have a wonderful vacation with your family. How old are your boys?

How was the pricing on the Spirit? I have been checking cruises in Europe for next summer as a gift for my nieces graduation. I was really surprised at the big difference in what I paid last year on the Breeze and what the other lines were charging....

We got 2 inside cabins. One for 2 people and one for 4 people.

It was $8500 total for both cabins 6 people.

Because 90% of the time I am on the Carnival Board. I am normally a Carnival person.

I guess there are those just accepting that Carnival pulled out of Europe, and will not engage in conversation to get them to change their minds.

Speaking about it on the NCL boards will not get the attention of Carnival cruisers or Carnival beards.

There is a European market for frugal cruisers.

Enjoy the med it was our favorite cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I have a med cruise booked on Royal for next summer...I honestly wish it was on NCL instead, but we booked to be with friends.

I like NCL...I hope you do too. The Spirit was our first NCL cruise and I find it to be the prettiest ship in their fleet.

Have fun!!

rhinomike - Carnival does have ships in Europe in the Summer and fall....I am on one right now this very second, the Sunshine. Now they won't have any next year, but they may come back in 2015 and definitely will be here in 2016 when the new Vista starts in service. Incredible ports of call.

I have a med cruise booked on Royal for next summer...I honestly wish it was on NCL instead, but we booked to be with friends.

I like NCL...I hope you do too. The Spirit was our first NCL cruise and I find it to be the prettiest ship in their fleet.

Have fun!!

The epic sure is not the best looking ship in the fleet:confused:

rhinomike - Carnival does have ships in Europe in the Summer and fall....I am on one right now this very second, the Sunshine. Now they won't have any next year, but they may come back in 2015 and definitely will be here in 2016 when the new Vista starts in service. Incredible ports of call.

I agree about the ports. Not so sure on the def. on Carnival cruising in Europe in 2016.

What airline did you book with? We are doing the med next summer. We are on DCL. This was not my choice, we are sailing with family.

We booked with Virgin Atlantic. Spent extra and booked First class. We have beds. Hopefully we sleep.

The epic sure is not the best looking ship in the fleet:confused:

I've never been on the Epic. I know it's butt-ugly on the outside though. :eek:

Personally I don't like ANY NCL ship exterior. I'm not a fan of the hull art at ALL.

But, thankfully, it's what's inside that counts :)

You will love your Med cruise the ports are fantastic and for sure you will love the Spirit she is quite unique. We cruised from Barcelona to the Canaries earlier this year on the Spirit, loved the ship so much we ae doing a very similar cruise on her in April next year. :)

I've never been on the Epic. I know it's butt-ugly on the outside though. :eek:

Personally I don't like ANY NCL ship exterior. I'm not a fan of the hull art at ALL.

But, thankfully, it's what's inside that counts :)

Can't argue with any if that. We toured the breakaway earlier this month. Liked the inside with two exceptions. Narrow hallways and only two sets of elevators forward and aft. Sorry if this is stealing the thread.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Archived