Current Price on taxi from FL cruisport to Miami airport??

lovey1103

Friends of ours recently paid $110 (one way) which I think is outrageous given the cost of fuel in the US and the fact its a relatively short trip of 23 miles.

That is why most sailing from PE try and use FLL, $15 cab ride. $85-110 is about standard to go to Miami.

A few on our sailing are using http://www.gomjstrans.com/ @ $13 pp

Edited by wallie5446

Shuttles from PE to the MIA airport will run about $40+ per person unless you have a large group. Go Airport Shuttle and American shuttle are two often suggested providers.

A taxi from PE to MIA is about $85-100 depending upon traffic; the driver will love the fare but hates having to come back empty.

If you have a late afternoon flight a one-way car rental could make sense.

The cruise-line transfer bus is the easy and expensive solution.

Good luck! :)

My travel agent quoted me $60 per person from Port Everglades to Miami airport usuing the cruise line transfer. Does that sound correct?

Currently we have transportation booked with fortlauderdaletransfers.com. Don't know much about them though.

Thanks

Edited by Ms. Lynn
wanted to add cruise line transferring

My travel agent quoted me $60 per person from Port Everglades to Miami airport usuing the cruise line transfer. Does that sound correct?

Thanks

That sounds right for a cruise line transfer. They are always more expensive,charging per person. We prefer not to use the ship transfers because it's a wait for everyone to load at the port and unload at different spots at airports. Just not worth paying more for.

Perhaps it's because we booked directly through Princess, but the cost for the transfer between MIA and the pier is listed as $24 per person, each way. Yes, you do have to wait for the bus to fill before you leave Miami for PE, and you do have the various stops when you return to the airport. For me, it's the most convenient way to go, but obviously, not the case with everyone.

Edited by Cruisin' Broad

from

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/ToMIA.aspx

To Port of Miami, Miami Intl Airport, South Beach

There are four transportation options to these areas from FLL: shared ride, luxury sedan, taxi cab, and by train.

1. Shared Ride - GO Airport Shuttle offers shared van rides (per person) for:

•$21 to the Port of Miami

•$23 to MIA

•$21 to South Beach

A van will hold a maximum of ten passengers. They accept cash and are equipped with a credit card acceptance machine.

2. Luxury Sedan - GO Airport Shuttle also offer luxury sedan rides (for up to four people) for:

•$70 to the Port of Miami

•$72.50 to MIA

•$70 to South Beach

Contact - For more information, visit GO Airport Shuttle or call 800-244-8252/ 954-561-8888.

3. Taxi Cab - Taxi cabs are also available from FLL. Fees are based on meter readings and estimated at:

•$67 to the Port of Miami

•$67 to MIA

•$72 to South Beach

Cabs accept up to five people for the fare stated on the taxi’s meter. They accept cash or credit cards.

4. Train Tri-Rail (commuter train) offers direct service to MIA by connecting to Miami-Dade's Metrorail Orange Line. There is no direct train service to the Port of Miami or South Beach. One would have to take a taxi from the Miami train station to the Port of Miami {$25 per TAXI} or South Beach. For more information, visit Tri-Rail, or call their business office at 800-874-7245.

Tri-Rail provides free shuttle buses from the FLL terminals to the Tri-Rail station just a few miles from the airport.

Edited by Capt_BJ

from

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/ToMIA.aspx

To Port of Miami, Miami Intl Airport, South Beach

There are four transportation options to these areas from FLL: shared ride, luxury sedan, taxi cab, and by train.

So all of these are from the AIRPORT not Port Everglades.:confused:

So one needs to get a cab to the airport first...then consider your options?

The OP is looking from the Fort Lauderdale port at cruise's end to MIA.

Edited by eandj

• 1 month later...

Currently we have transportation booked with fortlauderdaletransfers.com. Don't know much about them though.

Thanks

Cruise lines charge $30 per person one way. $60 for 2.