FDR ? - Hot breakfast w/ concierge room?

Post it

I'd like FDR to weigh in on my question. I'm thinking about booking a trip on the Riviera. I'm deciding between the concierge A rooms vs. the B rooms. The only perk that I cared for with the concierge cabin was the hot breakfast option. My travel agent is now telling me that hot breakfast room service is only available in penthouse and up on the Riviera. Is that correct?

I'd like FDR to weigh in on my question. I'm thinking about booking a trip on the Riviera. I'm deciding between the concierge A rooms vs. the B rooms. The only perk that I cared for with the concierge cabin was the hot breakfast option. My travel agent is now telling me that hot breakfast room service is only available in penthouse and up on the Riviera. Is that correct?

Unless things have changed from earlier this year, you can not get a hot breakfast unless you're penthouse or above.

Some have claimed you can get one 'unofficially' by requesting it, and I'm sure they'll weigh in.

It's hard to believe this is a "perk" on a upscale line but as I said we got eggs, bacon ect. From filling out the door hanger and putting it out at night and it was not cold.

What cabin Cat were you in??

Everyone seems to have this issue the wrong way around.

In the original Oceania business model, hot breakfast items through Room Service were only offered to Suite Passengers.

Later, when Concierge "class" cabins were first introduced (remember, this was during the R ship only era), hot breakfast was not yet offered, but there was some talk that IF one ordered a hot room service breakfast from a Concierge cabin, the kitchens would "accommodate".

It was only when the Marina was coming online (mid 2010-ish) that hot breakfast became an officially sanctioned Concierge Benefit, first on Marina, then rolled out to the R ships, and subsequently to the Riviera.

As you see, things ARE getting better......why do I feel like I should make a video? :o

We did a B2B on Riviera this spring and were in different A4 cabins on each leg. We got the hot room service breakfast on each leg simply by filling out the card and placing it outside of the door.

They are also very considerate and call your room prior to bringing the breakfast at your indicated time.

July 2012 sailing on Riviera --- same story as above in an A2 Concierge room.

I appreciate everyone's input. My travel agent (who is one of the top producers in the industry) talked to her contact at Oceania. The first response she received was that a hot breakfast option exists for Concierge level and then she later received a second message that it will not be available for a cruise later this year. Thus, my message appealed to FDR to settle the matter.

FDR should get involved, change the policy so all can have it, it is really very silly. If you pay 7k+$ for a vacation to be told that's not enough to sent eggs and bacon to your room really sounds nuts. I booked a few trips on Crystal in a ocean view room and asked if I could get a hot brake fast by room service, when they stopped laughing they said of course, and I can also get on the ship when I want and make my special rest. Reservations as soon as I pay.

FDR should get involved, change the policy so all can have it, it is really very silly. If you pay 7k+$ for a vacation to be told that's not enough to sent eggs and bacon to your room really sounds nuts. I booked a few trips on Crystal in a ocean view room and asked if I could get a hot brake fast by room service, when they stopped laughing they said of course, and I can also get on the ship when I want and make my special rest. Reservations as soon as I pay.

And also PAY for all your specialty restaurants as well.

are you being forced to sail on Oceania? :confused:

The man has better things to do...especially when Jim and Stan have given us the history. Let's move on

Having not yet cruised with Oceania I do find the lack of a hot breakfast option for all cabin categories to be a bit surprising for a line of this caliber.

Certainly not a deal breaker but something I would expect would be offered at their price point. Seems a bit nickel and dime IMO.

Oceania has defined its offering with different perks for different levels of accomodation. If a hot in-room breakfast is deemed important for a person Oceania may not be the best for them when booking the lower categories.

For others who enjoy stretching their legs in the am, the MDR and Terrace cafe are excellent. We book the Oceania suite and mostly stretch our legs for breakfast.

I do prefer a penthouse cabin or above but I usually can book a trip only a few months out and these categories are usually sold out. On this particular cruise, penthouses are waitlisted and I'm told are unlikely to clear.

Normally, hot breakfast should not be a senior management concern but there are two issues which senior management should be aware of:

1. Travel agents are given conflicting information from Oceania's customer service department. This may affect future bookings.

2. Concierge rooms seem to be the last to be booked. If the current perks aren't attracting as much business, what could attract more demand to these rooms? Does it make sense to eliminate a perk such as hot breakfast for this category (if that is what they appear to be doing for future cruises)?

When I sailed Riviera this past spring in Concierge Class, hot breakfast was included for the cabin but it was very basic, nothing special at all. That in tandem with a bunch of less than stellar perks, I would never waste my money again for Concierge Class if I sailed on Oceania.

Worldspan

132 cruises strong

The website is not clear on the subject either

Cabins B & below advertise Complementary Room service others do not maybe those in Concierge do not get any room service now :D

Too many inconsistencies between the Res agents, website & brochures

Archived