Sea Princess dining waitlist

pcjty

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody can explain the Princess Traditional dining wait list to me please.

When I first booked the cruise back in March (the cruise is in January next year) the personalizer just said 5.30pm traditional dining , then a week or so ago it changed to wait list #92 and then a couple of days ago it was wait list #101 and now this morning I see we are wait list #122:confused:

Surely we are supposed to go down on the wait list, not up - we have cruised before but only on ships that have had Anytime dining, so this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance

Carol

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody can explain the Princess Traditional dining wait list to me please.

When I first booked the cruise back in March (the cruise is in January next year) the personalizer just said 5.30pm traditional dining , then a week or so ago it changed to wait list #92 and then a couple of days ago it was wait list #101 and now this morning I see we are wait list #122:confused:

Surely we are supposed to go down on the wait list, not up - we have cruised before but only on ships that have had Anytime dining, so this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance

Carol

if you booked with princess direct you could ask them, if not booked thru princess ask your TA to find out for you what is going on

I forgot to mention - between writing my first post on here and contacting the TA we'd gone down another 2 places so we're actually #124 on the wait list now :rolleyes:

That's crazy! On one of our Princess cruises we started off on a waitlist at (from memory) # 128 and gradually worked out way up to 'confirmed'. Then we changed our booking to a balcony and were put back to the bottom of the list at # 200 and something. One call to our TA and we had confirmed early dining. :)

I hope your TA can sort this out for you, but there is certainly something strange going on. It seems like a reverse auction.

Have just had a phone call from the TA who said that on her system it is showing us as dining at 5.30pm and it's confirmed.

Not sure what's going on with the cruise personalizer, but hopefully she is right and the personalizer is wrong

Have just had a phone call from the TA who said that on her system it is showing us as dining at 5.30pm and it's confirmed.

Not sure what's going on with the cruise personalizer, but hopefully she is right and the personalizer is wrong

I suggest you ask your TA to print out what is shown on the cruise personaliser (if it is different to the one you can access). When you receive your cruise card on check-in, if it shows late dining (or any option you don't want), when you board, enquire when you can see the Maitre d' to have the position corrected. For the first night, you will have to go with whatever you are allocated to.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. :)

Even if you are down for 5.30 you can be moved to 7.30....and you don't know till you board.... This happened to us....so we asked to be swapped back to 5.30 as hubby needs his food a little more digested before bed or he will burn big time.......(and this leads to bleeding).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Archived