How far in advance do you book your cruises.

Hello , i have booked a cruise on the Pacific Pearl for 2015 . The reason was the itinerary and the fact that ship has a very limited number of balcony cabins. I understand new ships are coming to oz and fares change especially this far out . I do not have to make final payment until July 2015 , so will keep my options open , keeping in mind the P&O cancellation policy for refunds. I hope my experience helps your question :)

I am looking at cruises for 2015 to celebrate DH's birthday. What are the pro's and con's to booking this far ahead?

if you have an FCC you can book and get the conditions that go with it but be careful that the TA doesnt charge a cancellation fee and read up on their terms & conditions

Our Dec cruise was booked and paid 12 months ago - then there was a substantial price drop a few months ago - and we got a good refund on that. (Had to ring up of course - the refund wasn't offered) Previous cruises that aren't seasonal and have joined in Singapore - Costa - we have booked about six months in front - good prices - children under 17 free (except for taxes) so I suppose we have been lucky. I know a top cruise agent in Perth where you could pack up and be "ready" and they could throw a last minute cruise at you for a good price - don't know if that still happens though. So to cut a short story long, depending on what you want would be the deciding factor I suppose.

We booked the 1st day our cruise was offered which was 17 months in advance. We wanted a corner Aft JS and there are only 2 but we got one of them! Last week the price jumped way up for this sailing. It's about $500 more pp! That would have been another $1000 for DH and me. :eek: I'm very glad we booked early.

Early booking means able to take advantage of price drops or an early saver discounts. So far, 1,280-2000 $US saving per couple.

Also getting air plane tickets a year out.

Further like having the time for all the anticipation of planning and research on the Ports of Call. Usually also participate in a roll call.

Last, but no least; having no "cruise blues" because one is coming up again:)

Archived