Jewel of The Seas Muster Drill

Can anyone tell me what time the muster drill is on The Jewel? I've read a few different answers and wanted to confirm from someone that has been recently. I one post I read that it was at 8:00 PM and on another post I read that they have one at 5:30 PM and a second one at 8:00 PM. I am trying to make my dinner arrangement and would like to know so I can plan around the muster drill and then enjoy the sail away. Thanks!

We were on Jewel in June. I just checked my cruise compasses because I forget details sometimes. The main muster drill was at 5:30. An additional muster drill was offered at 8:00 for passengers with late flights in to Puerto Rico. Enjoy your cruise, Jewel is a beautiful ship!

Hi!

We just returned from The Jewel two weeks ago. They use to have two muster drills - one at 5:30 PM and one at 8:00 PM. They now only have one at 8:00 PM! It was inside and you do not have to take your life vest!!!

Cheryl

Hi!

We just returned from The Jewel two weeks ago. They use to have two muster drills - one at 5:30 PM and one at 8:00 PM. They now only have one at 8:00 PM! It was inside and you do not have to take your life vest!!!

Cheryl

Do you have your Compass from the 1st day? Those that say there was one at 8:00 "inside" appear to be mistaken as it was only for those who missed the 5:30.

This same question is now floating around another thread and that seems to be the outcome. It also makes sense since people would be leaving their table while their food gets cold, they would have to pause the live shows to accommodate the muster etc etc.

5:30 has always been the standard out of SJ. They have since added the 8:00 for late arrivals.

There are 3 on the other thread who sail in the next few weeks and will report back to confirm.

Hi!

Cheryl

It depends on your cabin as to which muster station you are assigned to. Some are on deck and some are inside. You no longer take your life vests.

It depends on your cabin as to which muster station you are assigned to. Some are on deck and some are inside. You no longer take your life vests.

Unless they have 2 as most have indicated. The 5:30 is at assigned stations inside and outside. The 8:00 is for those who boarded late and missed the 5:30 and all those meet inside since there are a limited number. We are awaiting confirmation that it is still done this way.

I have now read that 1 person said on theirs it was at both times as I explained then just a few posts ago on this thread someone on the same cruise said there was only 1 at 8:00. I assume the poster here either boarded too late for the early muster or just missed it if that is at all possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We were one of the people to comment on the other thread on this. We were on board by 4 pm - only 1 muster drill at 8 pm. We had dinner time of 6:30 pm (MTD) and dinner was a mess - very rushed - we didn't get dessert/coffee that night at all - not even a "please come back after your muster or go to so and so restaurant for it".

With an 8:00 muster drill... dinner must be a mess. Anyone seated after about 6:30 will be interrupted. Really?

Just off Sept 21 Jewel sailing. One muster drill at 8pm and yes, dinner was rushed. In fact, we had no time for dessert so had to skip.

Just off Sept 21 Jewel sailing. One muster drill at 8pm and yes, dinner was rushed. In fact, we had no time for dessert so had to skip.

What time was your dinner seating?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Archived