NCl- Breakaway...rain?

jessicak76

Say you happen to be going to Bermuda on the October 6th's sailing;

say it happens to rain while in port in Bermunda;

Is there enough to do on the ship while in port? Would NCL refund any canceled excursions (either canceled by choice or weather related)?

Anyone have an opinion on what kind of weather Bermuda will have Oct 9-11th? Just curious if anyone wants to chime in......

We just got off the Breakaway's Sept 22nd sailing to Bermuda and the weather at sea and in port were mostly gorgeous! We did have one day of horrifying rain [Thurs] whilst in Bermuda but it did not spoil the trip at all. We got completely soaked in St George's and then even more soaked in Hamilton [ring your clothes out in the sink soaked!] That said, we still went to Tobacco Bay beach and swam in an almost empty cove [we were already soaked anyway so figured 'why not?']. Definitely will never forget the day! Then we went to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and had afternoon tea in our soaked clothes. They put towels on the seats for us [this was planned in advance and I didn't want to cancel HAHA]. Bermuda is so wonderful, go out and enjoy it no matter the weather! Have a great trip :)

Shhhhhh..don't jinx us lol. My wife and talked about this last night. We agreed, a rainy day in Bermuda sure beats being at work, any day!

Isn't it just amazing to have memorable days on a cruise, love it? Sounds like you had a great cruise despite the weather. Good for you! Happy cruising ;)

Yes, this cruise was fantastic...best yet of the 4 I've taken. Bermuda is a place we will definitely go back to!! Also, the Breakaway is absolutely beautiful and I would encourage anyone who asks to sail on her ASAP! :) Happy cruising to you as well!

We were on the Breakaway last week as well. We had that middle day of rain (and wind!) as already described. My advice is make sure you do any water/beach activities Day 1 if your weather is good. We did that ... jet skis and beach and it was a good decision as the next day was very rainy. We still went to St. George (town, Tobacco Bay etc.), the Old Swizzle Inn, and to Hamilton and then got blown (literally) back on the ship. Day 3 in Bermuda was beautiful again.

Is there enough to do on the ship while in port? Would NCL refund any canceled excursions (either canceled by choice or weather related)?

Anyone have an opinion on what kind of weather Bermuda will have Oct 9-11th? Just curious if anyone wants to chime in......

Having only toured the Breakaway but not yet sailed her, I believe that you'll have lots to do and boredom is unlikely. If NCL cancels a tour, they will refund you. However if you choose to cancel a tour, the fine print of the contract will be in play - some have a 24-hour cancellation policy, others you just need to "cancel in advance". Be sure to read the fine print!

Enjoy your adventure!

Was on the maiden transatlantic sailing with 7 all sea days / no port days, had plenty to do when I wanted to, relaxed with quiet time when I didn't, and had a great time overall. Joined the roll call, met some nice people, made some new friends, time flew by.

Agree a rainy day in Bermuda beats a sunny day at work. There are many things to do in Bermuda on the rainy day and a good public transit system to get you there... island tour, caves, forts, swizzle inn, royal naval dockyard shopping, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

Check the description of each individual excursion for cancellation/refund policy. Some excursions go out rain or shine. If the excursion operator or NCL cancels the excursion, then you get a refund.

Bon voyage.

We were on the Breakaway last week as well. We had that middle day of rain (and wind!) as already described. My advice is make sure you do any water/beach activities Day 1 if your weather is good. We did that ... jet skis and beach and it was a good decision as the next day was very rainy. We still went to St. George (town, Tobacco Bay etc.), the Old Swizzle Inn, and to Hamilton and then got blown (literally) back on the ship. Day 3 in Bermuda was beautiful again.

I did the jet ski on the Thursday the storm blew in. Boy was that an experience. We were the only tour "lucky" enough to go out on the whole island. However I did find that there really wasn't that much to do on the ship while it was raining.

Jessica,

Did you sign up for our roll call? We will be on that cruise and for sure it wont rain. How do I know that? Because I am not that lucky! No rain means my kids will want to go to the beach in Bermuda. Since the universe knows how much I "love" the beach, for sure, everyday we are there will be beautiful, perfect, beach weather. No worries!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1562128&page=28

Archived