Sea lions at Chankanaab?

FrugalConsumer

They have a Sea Lion encounter. My DD and I did it 3yrs ago.

Great activity. You're in the water with the sea lion and can hold, pet and kiss her. There's also interaction with the others. It was held after the show and there were only 4 of us.

When I get to a laptop rather than this iPad I will upload photos.

They have a Sea Lion encounter. My DD and I did it 3yrs ago.

Great activity. You're in the water with the sea lion and can hold, pet and kiss her. There's also interaction with the others. It was held after the show and there were only 4 of us.

When I get to a laptop rather than this iPad I will upload photos.

That's amazing. I didn't realize they had that. I tried looking it up on their webpage and didn't see anything mentioned about it. The only thing they mention is the free sea lion show. I have never heard anyone on here mention doing it either. So I figured they didn't have one. So glad they do. It sounds awesome. :D

ry%3D400

Here's Carla giving me a kiss. DH took this one.

ry%3D400

Above is DD in with her.

Below you can see the pool set up. That's DD and me in the water.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Above is my absolute favorite photo of DD and Carla. She was such a ham (Carla the sea lion). My DD is disabled, similar to autism. The trip was for her 21st birthday and we did it all, dolphins, manatees and sea lions. It was the best birthday ever and I can't say enough good things about the staff there. DD did not stop smiling the whole time.

You may want to just call them. When I booked I did it over the phone since we were booking all 3. I hope they are still doing it although there were only 4 in our group.

You may want to just call them. When I booked I did it over the phone since we were booking all 3. I hope they are still doing it although there were only 4 in our group.

Yup, it's still available 'cause we're doing dolphins & manatees & sea lions (oh my!) during our Christmas cruise. Here's the Dolphin Discovery webpage for the their programs at Chankanaab. It is definitely worth it to either call or use the "chat" feature on the website if you're thinking of booking more than one because they may have unannounced specials since the website generally will only show the dolphin specials (probably because all of the Dolphin Discovery locations have the dolphin shows in common :))

FrugalConsumer - Sorry to go off on a slight tangent: wantocruisemore, if you don't mind, I have a few questions re your experience. Do you remember the times that you booked for the different programs? Did you feel rushed at any point? And did you have to redo the safety stuff each time? Thanks.

Yup, it's still available 'cause we're doing dolphins & manatees & sea lions (oh my!) during our Christmas cruise. Here's the Dolphin Discovery webpage for the their programs at Chankanaab. It is definitely worth it to either call or use the "chat" feature on the website if you're thinking of booking more than one because they may have unannounced specials since the website generally will only show the dolphin specials (probably because all of the Dolphin Discovery locations have the dolphin shows in common :))

FrugalConsumer - Sorry to go off on a slight tangent: wantocruisemore, if you don't mind, I have a few questions re your experience. Do you remember the times that you booked for the different programs? Did you feel rushed at any point? And did you have to redo the safety stuff each time? Thanks.

I can't remember the exact times except it was the earliest Royal Swim and the Manatee was I think about 1 1/2 later. Then we headed to the Sea Lion show. Our activity with the sea lions was right afterward. We were finished about 2:30 and grabbed some food there. Then took a taxi back to the ship with a couple hours to spare for some shopping. I think they waited a few minutes for us for the manatee but they worked with us. We did not feel rushed, just starving afterward since everything flowed 1 to another.

I'm not sure they have a sea lion "encounter" at Chankanaab, but they have a sea lion show that you can go to and watch (it's free). :)
I think it was closed for a few years after the hurricane but now that Dolphin Discovery and the park is up and running full speed it's definitely there. Least was last time I was there.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for the info, wantocruisemore! BTW, I see the URL I added got caught by the CC filter. You can get to the same place by going to dolphin discovery dot com and clicking "Cozumel" under "Locations"

Archived