NFL schedule on your Fun Ships 10/3-10/7

Carolin

Here are the NFL games that will be shown on the big screens or in the sports bar across the fleet this coming week.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3

8.25pm BUFFALO BILLS vs. CLEVELAND BROWNS

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6

1pm NEW ORLEANS SAINTS vs. CHICAGO BEARS

4.25pm DENVER BRONCOS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS

8.15pm HOUSTON TEXANS vs. SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7

8.25pm NEW YORK JETS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS

Enjoy :)

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out the formula they use to pick which games. I know it has something to do with the feed out of Maimi but thats a mystery to me. I'm still working on it though. :D

I will post next wednesday with the schedule so you will know before you depart. :)

Where did you get the NFL schedule info? I tried finding it on Carnival's website, but no luck.

I was thinking if the Ravens are in Miami on Sunday they would be showing that game, no worries though

I'll be home so I'll watch it there.

I am on a cruise the weekend of the 18th and would love my team (RAVENS) to be televised onboard.

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out the formula they use to pick which games. I know it has something to do with the feed out of Maimi but thats a mystery to me. I'm still working on it though. :D

I will post next wednesday with the schedule so you will know before you depart. :)

Awesome!! Thank you!!!

Where did you get the NFL schedule info? I tried finding it on Carnival's website, but no luck.

I was thinking if the Ravens are in Miami on Sunday they would be showing that game, no worries though

I am on a cruise the weekend of the 18th and would love my team (RAVENS) to be televised onboard.

John Heald posts it on Facebook every Wednesday. I realize not everyone go there. I see the question posted all of the time so I like to think I'm doing a little community service. :)

John Heald posts it on Facebook every Wednesday. I realize not everyone go there. I see the question posted all of the time so I like to think I'm doing a little community service. :)

thank you :)

You are doing a wonderful CC community service, Carolin! Thank you for your thoughfulness. That Broncos-Cowboys game should be good.

Baltimore @ Miami will also be available on board, just not being shown on the big screen. You can watch the Miami CBS affiliate in your cabin though.

Any idea what games will be showing the following week?? My husband will be thrilled to know!!

The games for week 6 will be:

Thus: NYG @ CHI

Sun 1: PHI @ TB (*most likely*, depends what game the Miami affiliate picks. Dolphins are on a bye week)

Sun 4: NO @ NE

Sun 8: WAS @ DAL

Mon: IND @ SD

Carnival can only show the games that are available on the Miami affiliates. So it just takes a basic understanding of how a local station chooses which games to figure out what games will be shown. The Miami affiliates always chose the Dolphins first. If the Dolphins are not playing or playing in a primetime game than the choice becomes less clear. Historically they show TB and the NYG a lot.

The games for week 6 will be:

Thus: NYG @ CHI

Sun 1: PHI @ TB (*most likely*, depends what game the Miami affiliate picks. Dolphins are on a bye week)

Sun 4: NO @ NE

Sun 8: WAS @ DAL

Mon: IND @ SD

Awesome!! Thank you!! My husband will be glad his Cowboys will be playing onboard!!

Carnival can only show the games that are available on the Miami affiliates. So it just takes a basic understanding of how a local station chooses which games to figure out what games will be shown. The Miami affiliates always chose the Dolphins first. If the Dolphins are not playing or playing in a primetime game than the choice becomes less clear. Historically they show TB and the NYG a lot.

Thank you. Thats the part I don't know. Never lived there so don't really have a clue. LOL

The games being shown at the top of this thread for week 5 are not the games on the Miami affiliates. Were you just talking about what is being shown on the TVs in the rooms? the506.com shows that the Miami Fox station will be showing the Carolina / Arizona game late only. No showing of the Saints / Bears game in Miami, but that is what is listed as being shown in the sports bar and on big screens on board for week 5. I have to admit that our sailing out of Baltimore would probably prefer to watch the Dolphins / Ravens game, but perhaps they are showing the other game in the sports bar since folks can watch the Dolphins / Ravens in their room.

Community service? No, you are a savior. :D

Actually it is the NFL that dictates which games are televised in each local market. The rules are very complicated. If you have a week to read them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

LOL. :rolleyes:

Archived