Live from the Independence of the Seas

msw1023

Wow, what a very busy cruise. We had a very large group. I worked the afternoon shift, which was from about 1:30 until about 11:30. This was on the sea day, and on one port day.

As a result, I missed a lot of the evening activities, including both formal nights and the ice show.

All I can say about formal night is the Europeans LOVE to dress up. I've never seen so many tuxedos and gowns and kilts and military uniforms on a ship. Even when I went up to the promenade they were still dressed in formal attire. One of the other nurses said that they even wore their formats to the windjammer.

I did manage to go to the ' once upon a time show'

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381840533.336885.jpg.1bdd1b80596b7431e7a6d0fcb11227d3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381840555.852638.jpg.a2d702db9518452c21db9488bb0d0508.jpg

It was pretty good

I also made it to the 70's show. It was similar to the other ships, but lacked the energy somehow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381840678.182182.jpg.cced76b23cf6a8d2c4cecbcc4c2841b7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381840701.929280.jpg.f1de2c63c05f1bfac3a8fba9cec6658a.jpg

Mike Hunnewell (not sure of the spelling)

was the cruise director. I feel like he was really trying, but the passengers just didn't give hime the enthusiastic response he needed

The love and marriage show was the same thing. On most ship, the number of people clamoring to get on stage is staggering. On this ship they

had to practically beg couples to participate, and the chosen couple just weren't as into it as others I've seen.

I didn't make it to the quest either...although that's one of those things that I'm not that interested in any more...the first three were fun, but know they're so canned. It's more fun if you get to bring a first time cruiser to one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

We also went to Giovanni's for dinner.

It was phenomenal. If you do decide to splurge and you possibly can....go with a large group.

There were six of us and because they serve thing family style, we got to try so many things.

There was so much wine flowing, and so much food that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I'd planned, but did manage to get a couple of the entrees

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381841617.317463.jpg.89cca1d4eedf39f671eb0984fe4d3d28.jpg

I had the lamb

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381841638.313917.jpg.889351b86431b7fb873d0fa122f253bd.jpg

And they brought an order of shrimp for the table to share.

Everyone else had osso bucco , shrimp or lamb.

We also shared the scallop, carpaccio, and mozzarella bruschetta appetizers and an assortment of pastas.

Dessert was a little disappointing, they had a big pan of tiramisu that didn't look very appetizing, but someone said it was good. They had cannoli which were OK and a chocolate cake. They also had little cups of mousse .I was so stuffed by that point that it didn't matter.

I'm sure it would be wonderful with two, but the big group made it really feel like an Italian family!

I was surprised once again by the fact that it was almost deserted, and we went at 7pm. The only other table was Captain Remo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived