Rental Car from Orlando to Miami

TennesseeTater

My wife and I were going to be joined on the breeze by some family that live in Orlando. We planned to fly into Orlando the night before the cruise and then drive to Miami with our family the day of. Turns out our family has had to cancel the cruise. My wife and are I faced with the decision to try to change our flight and fly into Ft Lauderdale (flying southwest so can't fly to Miami) find a hotel and then also find transportation. Or, we can rent a car and drive to Miami from Orlando. The flights we have booked now are actually more convenient so the rental car is our preferred choice. Has anybody done this, or have a recommendation for a rental car we can get from Orlando airport to a nearby Miami location that offers a free shuttle to the Port of Miami, and one that will pick is up after the cruise?

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

National, Alamo, and Thrifty offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location; the drive from Orlando to Miami takes about 3.5-4 hours.

I would drive down and spend the night either in Miami or close (FLL, Hollywood, or maybe Palm Beach) and then drop the car off the morning of your cruise. Good luck! :)

Archived