Question about most traveled luncheon

shootingstar07

We have 22 Princess cruises, not sure how many days, we have not keep count of days, something like 200 or so. We got invited only once, on the Ruby on a 7 day Carribean cruise a year or so ago. Was very nice held in Sabatini's. Would love to go again.

By the way, Princess still does formal nights, we enjoy them, even if many others don't choose to dress formally. Mention this since the OP's question suggested the "most travelled event" may have been done away with like formal nights. Formal nights may have been done away with on some lines but not Princess.

You are correct, I am the OP and did say formal nights are gone. I believe I said on the Getaway cruises since there was a thread indicating they had been informed by Princess there would not be a formal night the 3,4&5 day cruises. So my original thought: no formal night, no MT luncheon or cocktail party. I was invited to a cocktail party on an AK cruise this past summer. Very nice. I was #10 with 145 days. So I hope you get invited again.

Thanks to all the posters. It has been fun reading about different experiences!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi There

Odd no formal night on a weeks cruise, have done two night cruise and had a formal night,

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun

Here is thread discussing no formal nights on upcoming 4 day coastals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919617

I personally like them. And for our recent Alaskan 7 day cruise, we did have 2 formal nights.

But I am sure it makes it easier when packing!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Another "perk" -- my wife and I have a specific medical diet. CC Hostess asked a day before the luncheon what we'd like to eat. When we asked what's available for our situation, she said "anything you'd like, for appetizer, main course and dessert".

In our experiences, the Captain does not always sit with passengers with the most days. If you talk to the CC host a few days beforehand, you can request who you'd like to sit with at lunch.

Just off a three-day on the Golden. They do NOT have a most traveled lunch, however, they do give the MTP a voucher for themselves and a guest at one of the specialty dining venues. There were a lot of newbies on my cruise so my sister got the voucher with just 18 cruises under her belt.

Also, in lieu of the returning guest party, vouchers for a drink are delivered to staterooms.

Jackie

Just off a three-day on the Golden. They do NOT have a most traveled lunch, however, they do give the MTP a voucher for themselves and a guest at one of the specialty dining venues. There were a lot of newbies on my cruise so my sister got the voucher with just 18 cruises under her belt.

Also, in lieu of the returning guest party, vouchers for a drink are delivered to staterooms.

Jackie

honestly, I'd rather just have the voucher anyway

Archived