Looking at Splendor for next year

RSLeesburg

For those of you that have cruised both the Splendor and the Pride, which Serenity area is better in your opinion? I spend most of my Sea Days in the Serenity area and I do LOVE Pride's Serenity. I've never cruised on the Splendor so I don't know how her Serenity compares. I'm not interested in the Adults aft area--I'd like to hear your opinion of the actual Serenity on Splendor. I am trying to decide which ship to book while I am on Glory in two weeks. Thanks in advance.

The Pride has the better Serenity hands down. The Serenity area on the Splendor does not even have hot tubs, just a single shower on either side. Also, the mini - golf is on the deck right above Serenity, and it is not unusual for the occasional errant golf ball to come raining down on you. The Serenity area on the Splendor was really my only complaint about her.

Also, why doesn't Carnival post layouts and square footage of their rooms - would make it much easier to compare :D /QUOTE]

They do. Go under the ships and staterooms section of the website and click Splendor or Pride. They go to the room you want and click aerial view. Only some rooms have them.

Thanks I will go look for that...

I can agree with the décor statement.

Pride is full of naked mermaids and naked pictures and naked babies and naked everything. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't cruise on her. I actually prefer the naked woman mural in the elevator shaft in the atrium on Pride than Glory, as she has nothing there.

Décor doesn't define the ship. If it does to you, then cruise Royal. Their décor is like my living room to me.

I am not sure my wife would mind the decor of the Pride, but not sure if she would like the pinkness of the Splendour. At the moment, I have booked the Grandeur just to hold one of the Grand Suites - they tend to book up early, and it is Thanksgiving week, so not sure how long they will last. But I have till next September to cancel, so have plenty of time to change my mind. In looking at the itineraries, Pride is only doing 7 day to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport, and Grandeur is doing 8 day to PC, Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. So, leaning towards Grandeur as one extra day and Key West. IF we can swing the Pride Repo, it has an awesome itinerary, but not sure my wife has enough vacation days for it. Price looks a bit cheaper on Pride, but it is one day shorter. I hope they bring her back to Baltimore now that EPA has approved scrubbers.

By the way, we loved the decor of the Grandeur. Cannot comment on any other ships, as we have only been on one cruise...

I am not sure my wife would mind the decor of the Pride, but not sure if she would like the pinkness of the Splendour. At the moment, I have booked the Grandeur just to hold one of the Grand Suites - they tend to book up early, and it is Thanksgiving week, so not sure how long they will last. But I have till next September to cancel, so have plenty of time to change my mind. In looking at the itineraries, Pride is only doing 7 day to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport, and Grandeur is doing 8 day to PC, Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. So, leaning towards Grandeur as one extra day and Key West. IF we can swing the Pride Repo, it has an awesome itinerary, but not sure my wife has enough vacation days for it. Price looks a bit cheaper on Pride, but it is one day shorter. I hope they bring her back to Baltimore now that EPA has approved scrubbers.

Enjoy! I looked but I can't get that Friday off. I would love to do it though. I think we may not book Pride for November and we will book something else. Like to St.Thomas from Miami or something. I want to try Splendor. We may book her in August instead of Pride. Same exact price, newer ship, 8 nights, Nassau > Freeport. But we are still deciding. Where did you go on Grandeur?

Enjoy! I looked but I can't get that Friday off. I would love to do it though. I think we may not book Pride for November and we will book something else. Like to St.Thomas from Miami or something. I want to try Splendor. We may book her in August instead of Pride. Same exact price, newer ship, 8 nights, Nassau > Freeport. But we are still deciding. Where did you go on Grandeur?

Yes. I am not sure why she sails on Friday. We did the 6 night to Bermuda. :). We will definitely go back there again.

This trip is being driven more by my son's school schedule. Otherwise, I think we would probably sail sooner - May or September. I am in favor of trying new ships - would love to try one of the larger ships. But my son is only 4, so think we could get away with a smaller ship at least one more year.

Yes. I am not sure why she sails on Friday. We did the 6 night to Bermuda. :). We will definitely go back there again.

This trip is being driven more by my son's school schedule. Otherwise, I think we would probably sail sooner - May or September. I am in favor of trying new ships - would love to try one of the larger ships. But my son is only 4, so think we could get away with a smaller ship at least one more year.

Oh. Well there is the brand New Norwegian Breakaway from NYC. It sails to Bermuda in the summer. Definitely try that out if you can. And The RCCI Quantum OTS is leaving from NJ by Newark airport after November 2014. Brand new. Enjoy your cruise.

I have been on both ships and would choose the PRIDE hands down...

Getting a bowling alley balcony is the way to go if u have the opportunity..

It was one of the best rooms I have been in.

Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose OP.

Thanks. I think if my wife has enough vacation days, I might try to do the Pride repo to San Juan - that looks like an amazing itinerary; however, I am guessing that we will not, so I booked on Grandeur for Thanksgiving week. It has one more day and a stop in Key West. I think Splendor might also have an eight day over Thanksgiving - PC, Nassau, and Freeport but no Key West. I have never been there, but that is the most attractive port of any of the itineraries. :)

One question - what is difference between Cloud 9 Spa Suite and Grand Suite? The GS is more expensive, so I would assume its bigger. But does it also have the privileges to use spa that come with spa suite?

I have been on both ships and would choose the PRIDE hands down...

Getting a bowling alley balcony is the way to go if u have the opportunity..

It was one of the best rooms I have been in.

Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose OP.

Totally agree with choosing the Pride, we had a standard balcony and enjoyed that.

Enjoy whichever one you chose.

Archived