Royal Princess Std. Balcony Cabin

skynight

For anyone that has been on the Royal. Do the standard (not deluxe) balcony cabins have a full length (approx 6 to 7 foot long) closet, or do they have the small half size closet like the Grand Princess.

I haven't been on the ship yet, but from pictures and all the reports, the closets are the full length for the balcony cabins (and all other too, I believe).

The closet on the Royal is the full 7 foot closet same as Emerald, Ruby, Golden etc. The safe is also in the same location with shelves. This also is the same for mini suites on the Royal. Except for the flat screen TV on the wall opposite the bed the room is the same. They put the hair dryer in the top draw of the desk.

Thanks,

The diagrams on the web site show this, but the diagrams in this year's cruise atlas show the short closet. Why can't Princess get it right. Seems like a no brainer. If I were in charge of VP of sales, I would not accept this sloppy advertising.

Hi, I just took out my atlas and you are absolutely right. The diagrams for the rooms are not what you get. We were on the Riviera deck in a standard and my sister was in an interior. Our bathrooms were the same configuration as the one shown as the deluxe balcony. There is a closet with shelves and the safe also not shown. Deluxe balcony on the Royal means a slightly larger room with a small couch, I did not see one. However, the balconies on the Royal are much smaller than other Princess ships. Our balcony was about 3 1/2 feet wide, more than enough for two chairs and a small table,(nothing like the atlas diagram) but it was my impression the deluxe balcony rooms had the same size balcony as the standard room.

Thanks,

The diagrams on the web site show this, but the diagrams in this year's cruise atlas show the short closet. Why can't Princess get it right. Seems like a no brainer. If I were in charge of VP of sales, I would not accept this sloppy advertising.

The stateroom diagrams in the Cruise Atlas can't show the variations on all Princess ships but are just one example. Actually, if you go to the deck plans on the website for any Grand class ship from the Grand through the Ruby, the floor plans for balcony, oceanview and inside cabins all show the shorter closet, "Grand" style bathroom/closet layout. It is wrong for the other 8 Grand class ships for those three cabin types. Same is true for the Coral and Island. The deck plans on the website for the Royal and Regal show the correct floor plans.

The stateroom diagrams in the Cruise Atlas can't show the variations on all Princess ships but are just one example. Actually, if you go to the deck plans on the website for any Grand class ship from the Grand through the Ruby, the floor plans for balcony, oceanview and inside cabins all show the shorter closet, "Grand" style bathroom/closet layout. It is wrong for the other 8 Grand class ships for those three cabin types. Same is true for the Coral and Island. The deck plans on the website for the Royal and Regal show the correct floor plans.

This supports my point. How difficult would it be for Princess to have a program that shows all the correct cabin diagrams. In this age of computers I would say not very difficult or expensive to connect each cabin to the correct layout. The sales department should insist on this. For example, cabin C534 on the Star shows the short closet and a smaller balcony. For sure this cabin and all Caribe Deck balcony cabins on the Star have the full length closet and the large balcony. Don't customer's want to know just what they are getting if they book a Princess cruise? Get with it Princess.

Archived