Lobster night on the Star

We will be on the Star 9-18-05 and were wondering if there was a "lobster night" at any of the dining rooms? A friend was on Holland lines and said they had lobster night, were you could eat all the lobster tails you wanted. Does the Star have anything like this?

On our Mexican Riviera cruise back in April it was on formal night, which I believe was the first full sea day. The lobster was available in all of the restaurants that night, and I heard they even had some dishes made with lobster in the buffet restaurant.

Marilyn: From what I have read in Freestyle Dailies and reviews of the Star in Alaska this season, Lobster Night (and also Formal Night) is Monday night. The first full day on the ship when we do the inside passage. The Chocoholic Buffet rotates between Monday night and Friday nights.

Keystone Cruiser- thanks for info. I didn't realize that formal night and lobster night were the same night. Too bad... more chances of soiling nice clothes with messy lobster stuff!! :) Heads up, if you are on the same sailing remember that we DO NOT sail the inside passage! We sail on the western coast of Vancouver and not the eastern side. This is a big disappointment to me as I was really looking forward to the many different areas on the inside passage, including the famous "Seymour Narrows". Marilyn

Marilyn: I have read about going outside of Vancouver Island, and I feel a little sheepish to say this, but I am kind of glad. One of my favorite parts of any cruise is being rocked to sleep by the motion of the ship and I was wondering how much motion we will get since this is a more "scenic" cruise. Going outside Vancouver Island means the Captain may open her up more and hence more motion. I know, call me strange, I want ship motion...lol

Keystone Cruiser,

When we were on the Star 5/22-5/29/05 we had more rocking on Sunday night than I liked. It was quite rough all night and if that's what you are looking for, you should be happy!!!

MarilynB,

If you don't want to get your formal wear messed up because of lobster, you can go to the informal restaurant which on our cruise was the Aqua. They served lobster tails there just as they did in Versailles, but formal wear wasn't required in there.

I know you both will have wonderful cruises. I can't wait to go again next year.

Katie

just came back from the STAR - - she did go outside the western side of the island - -it was rocky going and coming back - - the night before we came into Victoria - the waves were 18-20ft - - we were in the SOHO dining room (6th level) and the waves looked like they were actually coming up to the bottom of those windows sometimes!!!

Archived