Allure 9/22/13: A Story Review w/drama, humor, Pics & Video

Just when you think it's over, it's not :D

After dinner, we headed over to the Amber theater for the Family Comedy show at 10:30. It was hilarious, wish I could remember the comedian's names but as usual I don't. However, I do have a picture of them (the 2nd was my favorite). It was great and made up for the fact that I couldn't squeeze the adult comedy show somewhere in the week. I'm glad we had this option and reservations are not required for this last show.

_MG_5709-L.jpg

_MG_5713-L.jpg

I went to Boleros for a quick smoke, it was crowded but nice, people were definitely in the party mood this night. DH and DD wandered over to On air right across from Boleros. I met them there and it was a packed house, we stood as we watched one of the crew member's sing a Karaoke song. She was really good.

_MG_5731-L.jpg

After awhile we went to the cabin and to bed and our blessed escape was coming to and end:(.

The next morning, we got dressed and had breakfast at The Park Cafe then grabbed our bags from our room and proceeded to depart from the lovely Allure.

This was the worst part of the trip...

_MG_5749-L.jpg

I wasn't as sad as I usually am when leaving a vacation, I was just so grateful to have even been able to take this vacation that my gratitude superceded my depression. The Customs line steadily moved fairly quickly. We crossed the street and our shuttle was waiting for us and within minutes we were dropped off right in front of our car. When we paid, we were given three cold bottled waters (nice touch!). We headed straight to pick up Charles from the Pet Hotel.

The Allure is a beautiful ship there is so much to do and see.

Suggestions to RCL...

1. The Sofa in the cabin needs steam cleaning or replacement

2. Air freshener is a must in the cabins (mine smelled musty - like humid clothes)

3. Food in the MDR needs some improvement

4. Children should not be charged full price at specialty restaurants

5. Passengers should not have to go to the pool deck to check out towels for ports and they should not limit the check out to two towels per stateroom card.

6. Better tour options/descriptions are needed for falmouth

7. Consider adding something to the headliner show - maybe some comedy. Speaking of Comedy, they should have one adult showing in the Amber theater.

8. It would be nice to have a real poker dealer at the poker tables and not the electronic table versions. Also please bring a real Wheel of Fortune Slot machine.

9. Larger gift shop with more cashiers

Things I totally loved unique to RCL:

1. Central Park - My Favorite!!!

2. The live music in Central Park!

2. Park Cafe

3. Kids Pool

4. Dreamworks Parade

5. Chicago

6. Flowriders - even though I didn't get to try them

7. Ice Games

8. Boardwalk

9. Cupcakes

10. Boleros

11. Aquatheater

Things I wish I had done/tried

1. Solarium

2. Spa

3. Wine tasting

4. Art Auction

5. Adult Comedy

6. Flow Riders

7. Gambling

8. The non-rocky beach in Labadee

Things I could have skipped and probably won't try again

1. Headliner show

2. Blue Planet - I would have preferred to watch the surfers!

3. Mr. Sancho's Club in Cozumel

4. Ocho Rios/Montego bay Tour - (Not worth the money).

Allure vs. Epic - I will write a completely separate thread on this topic in a few weeks.

My biggest disappointment and one of the main reasons I cruise is - Lack of Ocean Views unless you have a balcony. However this is my fault for not choosing a balcony cabin. Nevertheless, Allure is magnificent ship and we all had a phenomenal time!

Would I book another, maybe and next time it will be on Oasis but not before I try Quantum.

In a few days I will post my music video which should be a nice ending to this report. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this as now I can make something I've always wanted. I plan on taking all the text and pictures of this review and designing a picture book!!

Thank you all for the sweet compliments, it is encouraging to know that other's can live vicariously through one's review, that's what I love about Cruise Critic. Additionally it allows those geeky, obsessive planners (like me) the opportunity to ask and find answers to all their cruising questions.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions, plus I encourage you all to read your camera manual and remember practice makes perfect!

Be back soon.....

Just when you think it's over, it's not :D

After dinner, we headed over to the Amber theater for the Family Comedy show at 10:30. It was hilarious, wish I could remember the comedian's names but as usual I don't. However, I do have a picture of them (the 2nd was my favorite). It was great and made up for the fact that I couldn't squeeze the adult comedy show somewhere in the week. I'm glad we had this option and reservations are not required for this last show.

_MG_5709-L.jpg

_MG_5713-L.jpg

I went to Boleros for a quick smoke, it was crowded but nice, people were definitely in the party mood this night. DH and DD wandered over to On air right across from Boleros. I met them there and it was a packed house, we stood as we watched one of the crew member's sing a Karaoke song. She was really good.

_MG_5731-L.jpg

After awhile we went to the cabin and to bed and our blessed escape was coming to and end:(.

The next morning, we got dressed and had breakfast at The Park Cafe then grabbed our bags from our room and proceeded to depart from the lovely Allure.

This was the worst part of the trip...

_MG_5749-L.jpg

I wasn't as sad as I usually am when leaving a vacation, I was just so grateful to have even been able to take this vacation that my gratitude superceded my depression. The Customs line steadily moved fairly quickly. We crossed the street and our shuttle was waiting for us and within minutes we were dropped off right in front of our car. When we paid, we were given three cold bottled waters (nice touch!). We headed straight to pick up Charles from the Pet Hotel.

The Allure is a beautiful ship there is so much to do and see.

Suggestions to RCL...

1. The Sofa in the cabin needs steam cleaning or replacement

2. Air freshener is a must in the cabins (mine smelled musty - like humid clothes)

3. Food in the MDR needs some improvement

4. Children should not be charged full price at specialty restaurants

5. Passengers should not have to go to the pool deck to check out towels for ports and they should not limit the check out to two towels per stateroom card.

6. Better tour options/descriptions are needed for falmouth

7. Consider adding something to the headliner show - maybe some comedy. Speaking of Comedy, they should have one adult showing in the Amber theater.

8. It would be nice to have a real poker dealer at the poker tables and not the electronic table versions. Also please bring a real Wheel of Fortune Slot machine.

9. Larger gift shop with more cashiers

Things I totally loved unique to RCL:

1. Central Park - My Favorite!!!

2. The live music in Central Park!

2. Park Cafe

3. Kids Pool

4. Dreamworks Parade

5. Chicago

6. Flowriders - even though I didn't get to try them

7. Ice Games

8. Boardwalk

9. Cupcakes

10. Boleros

11. Aquatheater

Things I wish I had done/tried

1. Solarium

2. Spa

3. Wine tasting

4. Art Auction

5. Adult Comedy

6. Flow Riders

7. Gambling

8. The non-rocky beach in Labadee

Things I could have skipped and probably won't try again

1. Headliner show

2. Blue Planet - I would have preferred to watch the surfers!

3. Mr. Sancho's Club in Cozumel

4. Ocho Rios/Montego bay Tour - (Not worth the money).

Allure vs. Epic - I will write a completely separate thread on this topic in a few weeks.

My biggest disappointment and one of the main reasons I cruise is - Lack of Ocean Views unless you have a balcony. However this is my fault for not choosing a balcony cabin. Nevertheless, Allure is magnificent ship and we all had a phenomenal time!

Would I book another, maybe and next time it will be on Oasis but not before I try Quantum.

In a few days I will post my music video which should be a nice ending to this report. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this as now I can make something I've always wanted. I plan on taking all the text and pictures of this review and designing a picture book!!

Thank you all for the sweet compliments, it is encouraging to know that other's can live vicariously through one's review, that's what I love about Cruise Critic. Additionally it allows those geeky, obsessive planners (like me) the opportunity to ask and find answers to all their cruising questions.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions, plus I encourage you all to read your camera manual and remember practice makes perfect!

Be back soon.....

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pictures. We know it is time consuming but please know it is most appreciated.

We're still here!! This is an absolutely stunning review in every regard. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation with us. We are looking at our plans for next year, and even though we were just on the Allure a couple of years ago, I must admit, you've piqued my interest for a return!

Thank you :) I'm happy you enjoyed it and that it brought back some memories of your cruise!

Thanks for your review and your amazing ...and I mean...AMAZING ...pictures. I am going on this ship in January and you have increased my anticipation immensely. I look forward to your music video.....

Thank you I wish I would have taken better pictures and more pictures of the food but I wasn't thinking about writing a review when I was on the cruise. I decided after the fact but next time I will be ready. I hope you have an amazing time on your cruise!

I've been following along. Thanks for providing a wonderful trip report.

Thank you for following me' date=' it's been my pleasure to do this![/b']

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pictures. We know it is time consuming but please know it is most appreciated.

It was fun doing this I'm kinda sad it's over and I don't have anything else to post except the video but I can finally catch up on work:eek: Thanks for reading!

Loved reading your Dventure we head out on Allure in 12 days. Can't wait. Got some great tips by reading your blog. Feel like I know you, your DH and your beautiful Dd.

I remember the feeling of only having to wait 10 more days, I'm sure you are very excited. Thank you so much for following along and I wish you a fabulous cruise!

I'm so sad that this is coming to an end. Your review is very well done and the pics are amazing, I am very envious because cameras and I just don't mesh, no matter how hard I try I just never get good pictures, the pics turn out fine but once I see them I think to myself - what the crap was I taking there..

Your family is beautiful and I hope to see you on a cruise someday.

Thanks for taking all of this time to do your review.

Thank you, thank you!! I used to be envious of other's pictures too, still am. I just keep practicing and learning everything I can about my camera. Start to Pay attention to what you're photographing does it have any meaning? or do you care to even look at that picture again? You will get it together!!

Thank you again for the really nice compliment!

Well let me just put it to you this way.

I did not want this thread to end.

I am sure you can find a few more pictures to post:eek:

No but I bet you will look,

Very well done.

You have a very photogenic family, and your pictures are great.

Next time try to get more of you:D You deserve it for all your hard work.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Well let me just put it to you this way.

I did not want this thread to end.

I am sure you can find a few more pictures to post:eek:

No but I bet you will look,

Very well done.

You have a very photogenic family, and your pictures are great.

Next time try to get more of you:D You deserve it for all your hard work.

Sea Ya

Hello!!

Thank you for the nice compliments, it's hard to get pictures of myself unless I bring my tripod, it's OK though I love photographing everyone else :)

• 2 weeks later...
After the show, we headed to the promenade to see Po from Kung Fu Panda. We ran into the flash mob and were stuck there so we wandered into the cupcake store.

IMG_5503-L.jpg

Thanks for showing the Gluten Free ones! I have been DYING of curiosity!!

Shrek & Fiona get down!!

_MG_5625-L.jpg

I've noticed most of the characters have amazing faces and construction. Shrek and Fiona= not so much! I can't wait to show my daughter. I know She'll love the gang from Madagascar and Kung-Fu Panda, but she will be disappointed by Fiona. Luckily it's not her fav of the Dreamworks movies.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just finished reading, great review. Thanks for all the info and pics, we are considering the Allure or Oasis for a future cruise. :D:D

My Pleasure! It was a great time the Allure is a great ship!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Loved the review! What a great family you have, love your storytelling skills and your fab photos! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Thank you for the compliments! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app