Allure 9/22/13: A Story Review w/drama, humor, Pics & Video

Vivian, I loved reading your review. Your photos are gorgeous. ( you and your family are beautiful).

We were on the Allure last year and had a great time. Like you, I didn't like the blue planet show. I also felt disconnect from the ocean but the ship is amazing and we really enjoyed it.

We have similar vacation interests. We go to Vegas every year (work convention for DH) and have a great time. I got to go a second time this year for a work conference and it was such a great getaway. We also cruise every year. Cruising is such a great family vacation.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos and your experience.

Vivian, I loved reading your review. Your photos are gorgeous. ( you and your family are beautiful).

We were on the Allure last year and had a great time. Like you, I didn't like the blue planet show. I also felt disconnect from the ocean but the ship is amazing and we really enjoyed it.

We have similar vacation interests. We go to Vegas every year (work convention for DH) and have a great time. I got to go a second time this year for a work conference and it was such a great getaway. We also cruise every year. Cruising is such a great family vacation.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos and your experience.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I did not get a chance to go to Vegas this year but plan to in March. We're going to Southern California for 5 days then headed to Vegas for 4 as I want to go back to the Grand Canyon.

I'm getting ready to sail on the Norwegian Getaway this coming Saturday so I'm excited about that trip. I will doing a similar review on the Getaway as well.

Thanks again for the sweet compliments!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Hi Viv, How are you doing? I said, Oh my Gosh, who revived Viv's review a year later? :)

Hi Maureen!!! I'm hanging there, another stress filled year but I do it to myself. How are you? Certainly does not feel like a year has passed us huh? 6 more days till my next cruise, how about you?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

After my wine escape, I headed back to the cabin and DH and DD were ready. We headed to the windjammer to feed DD (No kids allowed at 150 Central Park). There weren’t many options for the child so I found some spaghetti. The waitress kept passing by while DD was eating asking if she could get us something and talking with my daughter about how beautiful she was, she was so sweet we left her $5.

We dropped DD off at Adventure Ocean against her will and DH said he would meet me at 150 he was going back to the cabin to get the wine. I started walking through central park feeling so blessed and just taking in the ocean breeze and sweet music. As I approached the Trellis Bar the music got louder and I noticed a gentleman with a guitar singing but he had shorts, a t-shirt and sandals and I wondered “was this a hired entertainer or a passenger?” I slowed down and the gentleman spotted me as I approached. There was a crowd watching him and enjoying their drinks. The guitarist/singer has his eyes glued on me, I turned around wondering if it was me or someone else behind me, (Nope it was me). So then some of the others look at me I start to wonder “is something wrong with my dress maybe I look awful” the singer keeps his eyes on me singing some slow song more intensely. I had to walk past him to get to the restaurant. So I pick up the pace and walk briskly toward the restaurant praying to the lord that I wouldn’t trip in my short dress and 5 inch heels. As I passed him he kept his eyes glued on my mine, I was so embarrassed but finally made it past and safely at 150.

IMG_1188-L.jpg

IMG_1189-L.jpg

My husband arrived moments later and we were promptly seated. The food was good but definitely not my hubby’s cup of tea. My husband is Cuban and played Minor League Baseball for many years he’s a meat and potatoes type of man. Dinner lasted 2 hours or more, I was dying cannot sit still that long and eating of all things. We enjoyed our bottle of wine (Francis Coppolla – Director’s Cut) they charged us $25 corking fee (Pricey in my opinion – the Epic charges $15). We laughed and talked for those two hours. I got bored eventually and started taking pictures of a cute Asian couple sitting next to us that were trying to figure out their camera. They said the picture I took of them was fabulous and the best picture ever! I explained that I’m a wedding photographer and enjoy taking pictures of couples.

I took some more food pictures and again very poor quality (sorry)!

My Handsome James Bond wannabe:

IMG_1195-L.jpg

Me:

IMG_1200-L.jpg

RCL no longer charging corkage fees.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6027

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

Don't know if you'll even see this since you wrote your review so long ago. Was looking for Allure pics and found your review. We went on the Oasis, but something about seeing pics of YOUR ship makes it so much more exciting! Loved everything about your review.

I started reading yesterday, and had to stop. Couldn't find you today, but remembered you wrote Peter Lik. I searched him and found you again!

I love Peter Lik! My obsession is vacationing in Maui and cruising. When we went to Maui a while back, I discovered his work....amazing!

Anyways, just to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to do that. I know it's a lot of work.

Looking forward to the Allure Sep. 4th~