Crown 12/14/13 lots of empty cabins?

e71465

We're booked on the Crown and we have noticed that there are a lot of empty mid-aft balcony cabins mostly on deck 10 and some on deck 11. It just seems odd to us that there are so many empty cabins. I wonder why they haven't upgraded some of the interior and ocean view cabins?

I won't mind not having to wait in lines or maybe there won't be as many chair hogs but I do feel sorry for the staff who won't be making as much in tips!

Does anyone else think that's odd that they haven't given upgrades to get the ship to full capacity?

Deck10is Caribe, these are always the last ones to go as they are the most expensive cabins due to larger Balcony, don't worry you won't be on your own. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With the Fleet Recategorization, this is no longer true. The forward Caribe deck cabins are Cat BE and the aft cabins are Cat BD. The ones in the middle are Cat B1 and B2.

We booked 3 rooms on the Caribe deck well over a year ago and I have been watching for price drops daily! So, I noticed only two rooms have sold aft of us in our category! I like a full ship, don't ask me why but I do! That means more people for me to talk too! :D

Maybe they are going to refurbish some of the cabins so not for sale?.??? No idea really but the ship certainly needs some work doing to freshen it up. Just spent 3weeks on it and it is very tired looking.

Maybe they are going to refurbish some of the cabins so not for sale?.??? No idea really but the ship certainly needs some work doing to freshen it up. Just spent 3weeks on it and it is very tired looking.

I was worried about the ship looking a little tired. I hope you had an awesome 3 weeks despite the ship needing to be freshened up?

The first couple of weeks in December can be slow for bookings. Not to worry. Princess will have whatever sales they need to have to fill those cabins. The revenue from onboard expenses will make up for having to sell cabins at a lower than typical price. Give it some time, you will see cabins start to fill up as Princess releases special deals.:)

The first couple of weeks in December can be slow for bookings. Not to worry. Princess will have whatever sales they need to have to fill those cabins. The revenue from onboard expenses will make up for having to sell cabins at a lower than typical price. Give it some time, you will see cabins start to fill up as Princess releases special deals.:)
There are running some very good deals on the Golden Coastals this month. Princess does a pretty good job of filling their ships.

Archived