Beach Access and Kids

proudaunt

My family will be porting in Key West during our upcoming cruise. My sister in law spoke with someone who told her the closest beach was a very far walk. We have a three and seven year old with us who want to go to the beach. How far from the port is the closest public beach that we can take the kids to for a few hours that day?

Is there anything else besides the beach that the kids would be interested in doing? Any recommendations for the little ones?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give!

My family will be porting in Key West during our upcoming cruise. My sister in law spoke with someone who told her the closest beach was a very far walk. We have a three and seven year old with us who want to go to the beach. How far from the port is the closest public beach that we can take the kids to for a few hours that day?

Is there anything else besides the beach that the kids would be interested in doing? Any recommendations for the little ones?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give!

The closest beach is Fort Zackary Taylor St Park. It is quite a walk from the ship and it will be hot. There is an entrance fee. It is a fairly nice beach with picnic tables and plenty of shade. You could ask a taxi how much it would be to take you there. There is also a small aquarium very close to the ship that the kids might enjoy. I have never been there so I really can't recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is actually a really nice beach at the foot of Simonton Street. There is a new hamburger/sandwich place. The owner is fixing it up and there will be chairs umbrellas and Watersports rentals there. Just five minutes from Mallory Square.

Archived