Choice Air seats

Chicago Boy

Is this a cruise air booking??? Have you already paid for the flights?

IF not, there are myriad ways to mitigate the long, long, long flight.

1. You post NO DATES so it is very hard to advise

2. Take a break in LA even if you have to book JFK/LAX and return on a separate ticket. AA has very good flights LATE at night that are peaceful and quiet and fly non stop. I fly those AA flights into JFK almost monthly. Spend the night at an airport hotel (Priceline is your friend-should be less than $90).

2. Take a look at Air Pacific. NOT the best flight experience BUT I have flown Air Pacific twice to Australia from LAX. That break in NADI Fiji is a very WELCOME break to get out and stretch your legs, get at REAL bite to eat and continue on your journey. And usually the price is right.

3. Or fly the opposite way through Asia. China Eastern is the cheapest for arbitrary dates with a 4.5 hour layover in Shanghai. For an extra $300, you can fly Emirates through Dubai with only a 2.5 hour layover BUT a great flight experience.

IF it was me and was trying to save a few bucks PLUS have a few extra inches of room without paying for it, I would fly NYC/LAX on whatever airline was the cheapest but the nonstops on AA are great, then a hotel at the airport via Priceline, then Air Pacific. CHOOSE the BACK of the plane and take both aisle seats in the middle section. You MAY luck out and be able to lay down the entire flight. They usually offer an upgrade to first/business class for about $550 AT THE AIRPORT IF the pointy end of the plane is NOT full. Just sent employees to Australia from NYC in August and all three of them were able to upgrade to first/business for $550 PLUS some kind of NYC taxes which I really can't explain since they left from LAX. BUT the total per person each way upgrade was less than $600. And they slept all the way.

While you may not get the greatest service on Air Pacific, you MAY have a chance to really stretch out and SLEEP all the way from LA to Nadi (been there, done that and if you are not large people width wise, two can comfortably sleep head to toe for a long time). Nice little break in Nadi and a short flight to Sydney.

Dates would help. You may also be able to BUY enough miles to fly to SYD through the Middle East on a variety of airlines. Most of the Middle East airlines are truly a class above the rest, even in coach.

You truly have a LOT of options.

Truly appreciate your help. Our flight from either NYC or Philly or even Baltimore to LA is probably on August 29, 2014. We are staying at the Queen Mary, in Long Beach the night before our Cruise to Australia. Our return flight Sydney back to NYC, Philly or Baltimore would be probably Saturday, September, 27, 2014. Just looking for cheapest way to fly comfortably, if that makes sense. I'm not familiar on best way to upgrade or which airlines are best on trans Pacific flights. I'm used to flying across the Atlantic. Thanks again.- Allan

When booking a one-way return London Heathrow/Chicago O'Hare, checked prices online with different carriers as well as ChoiceAir.

Booking through ChoiceAir in economy saved me approx. 70% of booking directly with the airline. As soon as the booking went through and I had the locator #, went back to the carrier's site and upgraded my seat to economy Plus (only more leg room, but worth it!).

I would use ChoiceAir again, although I would still recommend doing your homework first re: flights, equipment, reviews, etc.

When booking a one-way return London Heathrow/Chicago O'Hare, checked prices online with different carriers as well as ChoiceAir.

Booking through ChoiceAir in economy saved me approx. 70% of booking directly with the airline. As soon as the booking went through and I had the locator #, went back to the carrier's site and upgraded my seat to economy Plus (only more leg room, but worth it!).

I would use ChoiceAir again, although I would still recommend doing your homework first re: flights, equipment, reviews, etc.

I certainly hope you realize you are NOT getting the same tickets with CHOICE AIR that you would be purchasing from an airline, ANY AIRLINE.

There are myriad restrictions attached to the Choice Air/Ez Air/cruise air tickets.

You MAY or MAY NOT have a good experience. Your tickets may also leave you at the gate or STUCK someplace where you DO NOT want to be.

IF you CANNOT read ENTIRE FARE RULES for the tickets you are purchasing, you have NO IDEA what you really purchased.

As Flyertalker always posts "NOT all airline ticket are equal" even though they may appear to be equal externally. Let the buyer be ware. You can totally trash your vacation with Choice Air, EZ air and other consolidator type tickets.

Don't know what happened to my other post.

BUT unless you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY have to stay on the Queen Mary, I WOULD SERIOUSLY thing about flying the OPPOSITE way.

There are so may Middle Eastern airlines that fly from JFK to the Middle East and ON to Australia, you are really missing some FABULOUS flights.

Starwoods credit cards, AA credit cards with all the bonuses and purchased miles may be enough to get you in the business class cabin ALL THE WAY from JFK to SYD. Just keep checking.

Good luck!!!

Don't know what happened to my other post.

BUT unless you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY have to stay on the Queen Mary, I WOULD SERIOUSLY thing about flying the OPPOSITE way.

There are so may Middle Eastern airlines that fly from JFK to the Middle East and ON to Australia, you are really missing some FABULOUS flights.

Starwoods credit cards, AA credit cards with all the bonuses and purchased miles may be enough to get you in the business class cabin ALL THE WAY from JFK to SYD. Just keep checking.

Good luck!!!

We are leaving from the Long Beach pier for a cruise to Australia. So we are flying to LA and spending the night prior to the cruise on the Queen Mary Hotel. I am considering the return flight from Sydney, Australia thru the Middle East. Thanks!-Allan

Check my signature below.

We are leaving from the Long Beach pier for a cruise to Australia. So we are flying to LA and spending the night prior to the cruise on the Queen Mary Hotel. I am considering the return flight from Sydney, Australia thru the Middle East. Thanks!-Allan

Check my signature below.

I read your post incorrectly. Sorry.

IF you are looking for a ONE WAY flight home from Sydney, going the miles route may the best way that won't break the bank if you want business or a premium economy seat. Otherwise, one way tickets from Australia in anything other than coach to the USA cost an arm and a leg.

AA miles can be used on Qantas, Cathay, Etihad, Gulf Air, Qatar, BA and Fiji Air (which is or was really Air Pacific). Not all of these airlines fly to Australia but a combination would get you home in style. Start saving those miles and getting all the credit cards you can that give huge bonuses. May even have to buy miles but you won't be disappointed if you can get the seats. Good luck

I certainly hope you realize you are NOT getting the same tickets with CHOICE AIR that you would be purchasing from an airline, ANY AIRLINE.

There are myriad restrictions attached to the Choice Air/Ez Air/cruise air tickets.

You MAY or MAY NOT have a good experience. Your tickets may also leave you at the gate or STUCK someplace where you DO NOT want to be.

IF you CANNOT read ENTIRE FARE RULES for the tickets you are purchasing, you have NO IDEA what you really purchased.

As Flyertalker always posts "NOT all airline ticket are equal" even though they may appear to be equal externally. Let the buyer be ware. You can totally trash your vacation with Choice Air, EZ air and other consolidator type tickets.

Oh, believe me, I understand that for the price I've paid that this is a bulk/consolidator fare and does come with its own set of restrictions, etc. I also know that almost all flights these days are oversold and almost any passenger on the roster could get "bumped". It has happened to me in the past, although never when I already had a seat assignment, which I have. If this situation were to occur for this flight, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me, although anyone with a job to return to the next day might be singing a different tune.

Archived