Traveling Ladies: great little hanging organizer find,

comfortcove

My husband needs to travel with a very small vial of medicine which must be kept refrigerated. So, although the bottle is very small, I need a refrigerated bag which can carry ice or dry ice. We are leaving in a couple of weeks for Barcelona, so it needs to be kept cold for 12 - 15 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find such a bag? The drugstore gave us a small cooler, but I want something smaller.

Also, can you past TSA with medicine and ice pak in your carryon?

Also travel with meds that need refrigeration. I use a cooler-type, soft-sided lunch box that I bought at some box store - think it was Walmart. It is big enough to accommodate one of those freezer packs but small enough to throw in a backpack, carry-on, etc. The freezer pack has lasted for 2-3 days but do put a piece of cardboard between the pack and the meds. The temp monitor said all was good so know it maintains the temp without the bulk of a cooler. My meds are bigger so you may want to explore the lunch box section for options. You can get a small round one (a bottle carrier?) but you would have to thaw the freezer pack and reshape, then freeze again to accommodate your carrier. Have traveled with this for years (including pre-loaded syringes) and have never had a question, issue, etc with TSA. Always have the prescription on the meds but have never been asked.

I got one of those hanging organizers at Tuesday morning a number of years ago, but it had a few dozen smaller compartments which I liked even better for individual jewelry items: earrings, pins, necklaces.

This one however had open tops which meant all those little things could fall out when I rolled it up to pack.

Later online I found another one with zippers across all the rows of pouches and had the rows of small compartments on both sides. It has a hanging hook and when rolled up fits in the bottom of my carryon. This is definitely now a travel essential.

For longer cruises, the typical small jewelry roll up was just too small for the accessory changes I like to take along. This one is perfect. This is like the one I found online: http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/hanging-jewelry-organizer-with-zippered-pockets/101400980?cm_mmc=CSE-_-GoogProd-_-Acq-_-Feed&source=CAPLA_DF:101400980406:DB&KPID=0223180900117&CAWELAID=1903825389&cagpspn=pla

PS: you can cut the stitching between the smaller compartments if you want a few more larger ones for bulkier necklaces.

Archived