Traveling Ladies: great little hanging organizer find,

comfortcove

Tuesday Morning opened a few stores in our area about 2 or so years ago. I have driven by one of them at least 100 times and never think to stop in. :o I'll have to give the place a 'look see'.

OP..... thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure there are some ladies who will find that a useful addition to their travel/packing collection.

It's a fun place to pass some time when you feel like window shopping. It is not a place I go for a specific item. To me it is a store for browsing. I usually come out with a few interesting items. Home accessories, patio décor, housewares, etc. One word of warning ... it you like it, buy it. It's one of those stores where it might not be there tomorrow, and they probably won't get any more of what you wanted in the store if they sell it out.

It's a fun place to pass some time when you feel like window shopping. It is not a place I go for a specific item. To me it is a store for browsing. I usually come out with a few interesting items. Home accessories, patio décor, housewares, etc. One word of warning ... it you like it, buy it. It's one of those stores where it might not be there tomorrow, and they probably won't get any more of what you wanted in the store if they sell it out.

Thanks for the good tips.

I think I'll stop in next time I'm in the area........ (I'll let you know if I find some cruise related doo-dad! :D

Another option is a hanging shoe bag with clear plastic pockets on both sides and 1 hook that swivels so can be hung most anywhere; over a door, on a hook, etc. Best part is we bought ours at Walmart so no hunting for the store. We like long cruises and use this for all the extras: umbrellas, mints, sewing kit, Kindle charger cords, etc. oh, and my shoes. For jewelry, which we always lock in the safe, found that clear plastic, double-sided small fishing tackle boxes work great, especially for earrings. Found some at Walmart where you can remove plastic dividers so can add larger items. Have never had these spring open as the latches are very secure. No more hunting for the earrings I want.

Another tip for earrings - I collect those little cellophane packets that hold an extra button with a new sweater or blouse. They are perfect for pairs of earrings, and chains. I put them in a little pouch, and can tip them out on the counter easily to find the ones I want. It also stops things tangling or catching on other items.

I like the small plastic bag suggestion. I conned some out of our vet, and they worked beautifully for vitamins, but would work great for earrings and necklaces. A friend suggested this - use a straw to run your chains through. It keeps necklaces orderly and unknotted. Haven't tried it, however.

I like the small plastic bag suggestion. I conned some out of our vet, and they worked beautifully for vitamins, but would work great for earrings and necklaces. A friend suggested this - use a straw to run your chains through. It keeps necklaces orderly and unknotted. Haven't tried it, however.

You can buy packages of small plastic pouches for daily pill doses. They zip closed. One pouch---one pair of earrings, or necklace.

Even easier than a straw---when using a small jewelry bag, or small plastic bag, drape a short end of the closed necklace outside, then close the bag (yes, right over the necklace in the case of a plastic pouch).

That does keep the necklace from getting tangled---I use that trick all the time.

Good jewelry packing tips!I. Am going to try to get some of the little pouches. I went back on got more of the bags at Tuesday Morning for small gifts for some friends and family. I like that they will fit in cruise nd hotel safes, and I like being able to see all my choices at a glance when i am picking my jewelry for the day or evening.

I wear a lot of chains/necklaces & have used the straw idea for years...However I think I'm going to try Ruth's suggestion..Those small plastic pouches for pills come in packets of 50..

You can buy packages of small plastic pouches for daily pill doses. They zip closed. One pouch---one pair of earrings, or necklace.

Even easier than a straw---when using a small jewelry bag, or small plastic bag, drape a short end of the closed necklace outside, then close the bag (yes, right over the necklace in the case of a plastic pouch).

That does keep the necklace from getting tangled---I use that trick all the time.

Terrific idea for earrings & will try on my chains.. Agree this would be easier than a straw..Thanks for the tips...

Betty

Ok, this is random, but I have to share.....am I allowed to mention a store!s name here? I think so. Anyway, I was in Tuesday Morning yesterday, and found the perfect size hanging mini organizer. They are monogrammed with one initial, and have 4 clear zippered pockets on each side, for a total of eight. You can see what is inside. Anyway, it is hard to describe, but you can maybe see it on their website. I am excited about this, it is perfect for jewelry and other small things on longer trips. I love my usual jewelry travel bag, but I cannot see what is inside. This can be folded, and would fit in a safe. Great for jewelry, small accessories and valuables! I like it so much I may go get another for me, and some for friends. I used bug and tar remover to get the sticker gunk off. It is not great quality, but is dandy for $4.99!it has a hanger on it so you can also hang in closet or on a hook.

Is this the one you purchased? The pink one?

http://tuesdaymorning.shoplocal.com/sclite/sclite.html#!/tuesdaymorning/store/2653663/TM-131004/3/-2053318268

That's neat..I have two almost like this which I've been using for about 25 years..One of them has two pockets which are torn..I like them so much have repaired the one with tape, but It's not working well..Like the idea that the pockets close with zippers..I hang them on the bathroom door & put lots of little things in them & label each pocket..

Will stop tomorrow to see if our store has it..Hope so..Will buy a couple of them if they do..

Thanks..Betty

Yes, that is it! I got it in black, and now have it in all three colors because I picked up some more for little gifts.

Where do you buy the 50 pack of pouches? And, if it is not too much trouble, how did you post the picture? I do not know ho to do that yet.

Many thanks!

Nancy

Yes, that is it! I got it in black, and now have it in all three colors because I picked up some more for little gifts.

Where do you buy the 50 pack of pouches? And, if it is not too much trouble, how did you post the picture? I do not know ho to do that yet.

Many thanks!

Nancy

Nancy, I purchased the 50 pack pill pouches in our local Walgreen's..CVS may have them too..Usually on a rack but if you can't find them ask the Pharmacy Dept..The have "Pill Pouch" written on them & are 3 in Wide x 2 in High & seal like a zip lock with a space to write on them..I use them when we go for breakfast for DH & my pills & also for extra pills just in case we need extra of something..They are stronger than normal zip locks & pack well..

Again, thanks for the hanging bag tip..On my way out, hope my local Tues Morn has them..Betty

My husband needs to travel with a very small vial of medicine which must be kept refrigerated. So, although the bottle is very small, I need a refrigerated bag which can carry ice or dry ice. We are leaving in a couple of weeks for Barcelona, so it needs to be kept cold for 12 - 15 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find such a bag? The drugstore gave us a small cooler, but I want something smaller.

Also, can you past TSA with medicine and ice pak in your carryon?

My husband needs to travel with a very small vial of medicine which must be kept refrigerated. So, although the bottle is very small, I need a refrigerated bag which can carry ice or dry ice. We are leaving in a couple of weeks for Barcelona, so it needs to be kept cold for 12 - 15 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find such a bag? The drugstore gave us a small cooler, but I want something smaller.

Also, can you past TSA with medicine and ice pak in your carryon?

Yes you will be OK carrying an ice pack & mini cooler..Does not even have to be in your carry on..Can be kept separate..Show them the prescription & bag when you go thru TSA..

Target has a 6 inch mini cooler bag...Is that small enough..You might fit a one or two frozen ice packs in it with your DH's meds in the middle..You also might have room to wrap cooler pack & medicine in a small Turkish towel..Be sure to carry the prescription with you..

http://www.target.com/p/packit-navy-6-mini-cooler-6-inch/-/A-13946520#prodSlot=medium_1_15&term=soft+cooler+bag

Assume you are flying..Call the Airline & ask to speak to a Supervisor..Ask her/him if they would get the OK from the Airport Mgr to store your cooler bag with the meds in the planes refrigerator, during the flight.. We occasionally did this, but not sure if they will do it now since airlines have to worry about foreign materials getting mixed up with food etc..Just don't leave the plane without it.. :eek::eek:

Betty

Checked out Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had a good selection of the hanging bags as well as some other bags. I ended up getting hedge clippers - go figure!

I purchased two of those small bags for myself & a friend this morning..They are quite small & good for pens/pencils pads, charger cords, jewelry, etc..

But found something else which I desperately needed..Have been looking to replace a larger bag which I've been using for many years..In the back of the store I found a 3 ft. long by 17 inches wide hanging bag with 8 clear pockets on each side.. That's perfect for replacing my longer & narrower bag which is torn & taped up..It will not hold up any more.. The larger bag was $7.99 & has 16 long narrow pockets with zippers & a hangar..In this bag will go all the small things such as band aids, cough drops, polysporin, thermometer, Q- tips, aspirin, Tylenol, daytime cold & nighttime cold meds, sewing kit etc etc...You name it I have it...Each pocket is labeled so it's easy to find the small stuff & I hang it in the bathroom...Love that each pocket is zippered..

Also ended up getting a few extra things ;)including a toy for our Pup & really nice note cards w/envelopes with our initial on them for Thank you notes to our Stewards..They are stocking their Christmas stuff now & It was very hard to get out of that section.. Went in for one thing & walked out with a $40 plus tab..LOL

Cheers..:)Betty

I know there are none so blind as those that cannot see and I must be one of them. I read this post three times and still don't see the store's name.

I don't use the Iphone - but I know there is an app for it and if you have the app it is very easy to post a pic.

If it is on the website you can also save the link and then attach it via the envelope in the icons above (below the backwards arrow).

LOL I had no idea there was a store named Tuesday Morning, so I was wondering the same thing, ROFL.

Archived