vent1020

My favourites were...

...oxtail/wagon wheel pasta

...creme brûlée

...the dinner rolls

...flourless chocolate cake

...muesli for breakfast EVERY day

And I forgot the pizza!

For drinks, it was a non-alcohol trip...love the coco-banana.

I REALLY appreciate all the suggestions. There may be a few things that were suggested, that I just don't like, but I still appreciate suggesting them. Here is my list:

Breakfast sandwich @ IC

Waldorf Chicken Salad @ IC

Fettuccine Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

Escargot

Beef Wellington

Souffle's Both dessert and the Goat Cheese appetizer one

Pistachio Cream @ IC

Pizza by the pool

Afternoon Tea

Love Boat Dream

Tapas and Sushi @ Vines

The Volcano (Kids dessert)

Dinner Rolls

Cheese tray @ IC

At least once in your life, "The Chefs Table" and when you order the Love Boat Dream, ask for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. You will need it to cut the richness of the chocolate moose inside the LBD. Enjoy!

This sounds so good, does anyone have a picture? Cruise is in 10 days and I am getting hungry and will make my list as well.:D

Your post is out of date ... you cruise is now in 9 days and change ;)

There may be too many things to have to try to fit in 7 days ...:eek:

But that is our mission :D

So is ecargot actually available every night? Last time on Allure it was on the menu as "always available" but they had none for the whole time (and from what I heard months before and after) because of a world wide shortage.

Maybe they can come harvest ours ... or if you bring them they can prepare them:cool:

Just don't try this all in one day!:eek:

ROFL. I am only doing a 4 day cruise and already trying to figure out how I am going to fit it all in, in just 4 days. Instead of 3 big meals, I think I may be having 6-7 small meals a day. ;)

At least once in your life, "The Chefs Table" and when you order the Love Boat Dream, ask for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. You will need it to cut the richness of the chocolate moose inside the LBD. Enjoy!

Yeah, I really wanted to do the Chef's table this trip, but with other stuff going on, can't swing it. BUT, I will take your advice on the ice cream with the Love Boat Dream, that or a tall glass of cold milk. :D

I don't care what diet one may be on - the food not to miss is the dinner roll with butter. Awesome, and consistently good across the Princess fleet.

We (along with three other couples we were cruising with and had dinner with every evening) just got off the Grand Princess - and one of the comments everyone made was we don't have/eat bread at home - but no one can resist the rolls on Princess. I managed to skip dessert all but one evening - but I made up for it with the rolls :-)

So is ecargot actually available every night? Last time on Allure it was on the menu as "always available" but they had none for the whole time (and from what I heard months before and after) because of a world wide shortage.

On the Grand last week we never saw Escargot - but we skipped formal nights. When we asked the waiter the last evening he said it had been available on the last formal night.

I REALLY appreciate all the suggestions. There may be a few things that were suggested, that I just don't like, but I still appreciate suggesting them. Here is my list:

Breakfast sandwich @ IC

Waldorf Chicken Salad @ IC

Fettuccine Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

Escargot

Beef Wellington

Souffle's Both dessert and the Goat Cheese appetizer one

Pistachio Cream @ IC

Pizza by the pool

Afternoon Tea

Love Boat Dream

Tapas and Sushi @ Vines

The Volcano (Kids dessert)

Dinner Rolls

Cheese tray @ IC

Since your plate is going to be pretty full....keep in mind that you can ask for the Fettuccine Alfredo as an appetizer - doesn't come with the parm bowl that way - but makes a great appetizer :-)

On the Grand last week we never saw Escargot - but we skipped formal nights. When we asked the waiter the last evening he said it had been available on the last formal night.

Thanks for answering my question. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it then. :)

Thanks for answering my question. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it then. :)

Someone also mentioned earlier that you can always ask for it. According to them, you may not get it, but more times then not, they can get it for you.

This sounds so good, does anyone have a picture? Cruise is in 10 days and I am getting hungry and will make my list as well.:D

ImageUploadedByForums1381356837.416010.jpg.85c4063ccbf6777be1f53f6c223d41fc.jpg

The Peanut butter Chocolate cream is on the middle shelf, on the far right with a strawberry on top.

Going on the golden this week to celebrate my Halloween bday a little early . . .so excited !!

haven't been on a Princess cruise for 5+ years. . Which restaurants are n/c and which charge a surcharge?

IC is no charge' date=' how about Sabatinis and Crown grill . . .what is else is there besides the MDR and the buffet?[/quote']

We also just got off Golden on Monday...

In addition to what was listed earlier, Golden has a venue called 'Crab Shack' which has a nice selection of shell fish pots. Located in the aft end of Horizon Court for $20. They also have the 'Pub Lunch' on the sea day in Crown Grill (no charge).

If you are into scorched cardboard, you will like the pizza by the pool. If not, stay away. Otherwise, Princess has the best escargot at sea. Others rave about IC; I can't comment, as we have never been on a ship that has it. Pub lunch is iffy: some great, some not so good.

Is this the same pizza that everyone has been raving about? :( I also read people loved the pizza on Allure, that it was very authentic NY pizza. I did not care for it at all. Not enough sauce or toppings.

Since your plate is going to be pretty full....keep in mind that you can ask for the Fettuccine Alfredo as an appetizer - doesn't come with the parm bowl that way - but makes a great appetizer :-)

If you make a point of asking for the appetizer portion to come in the parm bowl...it does! But for me it wasn't that great...kind of soggy, actually. I preferred the fettuccine Alfredo plain.

We also just got off Golden on Monday...

In addition to what was listed earlier, Golden has a venue called 'Crab Shack' which has a nice selection of shell fish pots. Located in the aft end of Horizon Court for $20. They also have the 'Pub Lunch' on the sea day in Crown Grill (no charge).

We're going tomorrow. Did they have Beef Wellington on the short cruise?

Is this the same pizza that everyone has been raving about? :( I also read people loved the pizza on Allure, that it was very authentic NY pizza. I did not care for it at all. Not enough sauce or toppings.

Yes, it is the one we all seem to love. I guess pizza is a real personal choice! It has taken my husband and I over 35 years to find one we both can enjoy! For years, we have gone to his favorite place and the next, to mine. We both like the pizza by the pool. We would rather get that instead of the HC on the first day!

Obviously there is a charge for the wine, but what about the shushi?

Robin

I don't think so. If you drink the wine too. I a allergic to alcohol and my husband is allergic to some sea foods, so we both will go and try it! He can have the wine and I will have the sushi!

Yes, it is the one we all seem to love. I guess pizza is a real personal choice! It has taken my husband and I over 35 years to find one we both can enjoy! For years, we have gone to his favorite place and the next, to mine. We both like the pizza by the pool. We would rather get that instead of the HC on the first day!

Oh I took one bite of the honey chicken and was over it!

I'm from CA so I like pizza with a thin slightly crunchy crust with loads of sauce and toppings and just enough cheese to hold it all together. I suppose the NY style is floppy crust with lots of cheese; more about the crust and cheese and the toppings huh?

Archived