Spring break in Florida

HCTiger9704

When is spring break in Florida? I am thinking about going on a cruise out of Miami, FL and want to avoid Spring Break. If I want to deal with a bunch of drunk college students, I would go to Bourbon Street that is less than 30 minutes from my house.

for the record

a couple of years ago dd & I went on RCL Liberty OTS out of Miami for her spring break from college.

It was the dullest cruise we've been on. It was NOT all college kids, and the ones there had a tendency to drink themselves into a stupor before dinner time. Nor were we over run with little ones . . . it was even less 'party crowd' then most of our previous cruises.

dd was disgusted with her peers (drunk) and bored as the clubs at late night were empty .... {previous FOS cruises were HOPPING 'til 4am}

IME every cruise is different and IMO do not be swayed by generalizations you see here about 'spring break crowds'

Your MORE important factor is the demographic your cruise line chases .... and that is NOT a sure thing either.

You will find a lot of children on board the ships from mid-February through the first week of so of April.

for spring break?

as compared to mid May thru late Sept for summer break

and two weeks in Nov for Turkey break

and 3 plus weeks around Christmas/New Year?

we run out of weeks quick once we discount all of these don't we?

from another angle:

since DCL came into the picture, many cruise lines are chasing the family dollar. If you do not want a family experience, what CARIBSUN says is correct. Some lines discourage kids and younger crowds ... by price? Yes, in all honesty IMO but so what? If you do not want a 'family cruise experience', there ARE lines who offer that. WINDSTAR discourages kids for example saying in their literature that they make NO accommodations.

When is spring break in Florida? I am thinking about going on a cruise out of Miami, FL and want to avoid Spring Break. If I want to deal with a bunch of drunk college students, I would go to Bourbon Street that is less than 30 minutes from my house.

Drunken college kids are not the real problem, drunken high school kids pose a greater threat. They are more plentiful the week before and the week after Easter. You can avoid most of them if you can book a cruise longer than 7 days.

I've found the biggest impact to be higher airfares and hotel rates for pre-/post-cruise stays.

Whatever you decide, avoid Port Canaveral at all costs. I'd rather have drunk college students any day over 1,000 bratty kids running up and down the hallways at 1:00 AM and noisy gatherings on the staircases where they sprawl out so you can hardly get around them.

Whatever you decide, avoid Port Canaveral at all costs. I'd rather have drunk college students any day over 1,000 bratty kids running up and down the hallways at 1:00 AM and noisy gatherings on the staircases where they sprawl out so you can hardly get around them.

To which cruises do you refer?

Archived