Can you help me with cruise tips?

Just relax and have a great time. None of the things you are likely to worry about will ever happen anyway. Do what you want to do when you want to do it. If you don't want to do it, don't.

The first couple of days will be the most exciting as you get to know the ship. Cruising is just the greatest holiday experience. Don't worry - be happy:)

Don't try and be the first off the ship. if you slow down and wait you don't have to fight the rest of the ship to getting off. On our last cruise we waited 1/2 to an hour or so there was no lines to get off. and if you wait for the loud speaker stop calling tender boats you can get on a boat that's less than half full in stead of being pack like sardines.

If they have an inside cabin - use the TV access to the bridge cam to work out what the weather's like outside so you know how what clothes to wear.

Bring a power board to be able to charge all your electronic gadgets.

Sit down with the daily ship's paper and highlight all the things you are interested in doing and carry this with you to remind you re times for things.

If you are unsure about dining at the restaurant or buffet for dinner - check the menu in front of the dining room, it's usually published at around 10am each day.

If an inside cabin , take a clock , we slept 12 hours straight in our last cruise .Was first time in a inside cabin , couldn't believe how dark it was .We will be taking a clock next cruise.

Deb

if in an inside cabin leave on the bathroom light and the light will shine underneath the door saves you stumbling around in the dark or prop the rubbish bin up against the door and leave open a bit

be aware that the drink they serve you on deck at the sailaway is not free

if in an interior room, leave your tv on bridge cam and it will act as a night light and also give you an idea of the weather outside

use a strong magnet to stick paper on the walls of your cabin...leaves your table top free of paper

bring a few clothes pegs to use at the bottom of the shower curtain...that way the curtain does not get attached to you

if you can, wait until the last few days of the cruise before shopping on board...there are usually sales on then

bring a highlighter pen, a power board, a water bottle, an alarm clock

have fun!!

Always leave a list of numbers .. in case of emergency.

P&O ship number.

arrival and departure.

(all available for print off etc on P&O site. under,, how can people contact me at sea..)

duct tape...comes in handy for repairs to luggage, hems etc. also to tape sliding drawers, doors etc during rough weather...so annoying to hear the bang .

stick on note paper for leaving messages on dresser....meet me at..etc..

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

These are great thanks, she is sailing on Solstice on the 23rd Oct so Im hoping for one a day till she goes. I started it as a joke and yesterday when I did not send her one by the afternoon I got a wheres my cruise tip of the day text lol.

Don't wear pretty full dresses on deck whilst it's windy or make sure you have your best undies on.

Many an old man has ended up smiling when a pretty young lass has flashed her undies when the wind has picked up her dress or skirt.

High heels look great with a pretty dress or skirt but during rough weather they can cause injury. Silver ballet flats go with everything!

Old men have a habit of laughing at lasses trying to walk in a straight line in heels whilst the boat is in rough seas, add a vodka cruiser to the mix and even the old ladies are laughing!

Use 2 1/2 gallon zip lock bags to keep your clothing as free of wrinkles as it can be. I store underwear and socks in one. Works great for unpacking.

Bring sunglasses--left mine in the cab once.

Best tip of the day. Bring your good humor and lots of patience. You will then have a good time no matter what happens. A vacation will only be as happy as you make it.

Have fun.

Bring travel mugs for getting a cuppa from buffet drink stations. If taking back to cabin, drink stays hot & if there's motion on the ocean, it's much easier to carry without spilling.

Unless mobility challenged, ALWAYS use the stairs.

Then you can justify all those extra desserts or breakfast pastries, waffles or pancakes :-D

Edited by aussie57

Try food and drink you wouldn't have at home - never be afraid to ask for something that may not be on the menu if there is nothing there that rings your bell - just ask. Join in or people watch. Be a sponge soak it all up. You need an open mind and an open wallet - enjoy :p:D:rolleyes: You'll be back for another cruise.

If they have an inside cabin - use the TV access to the bridge cam to work out what the weather's like outside so you know how what clothes to wear.

Bring a power board to be able to charge all your electronic gadgets.

Sit down with the daily ship's paper and highlight all the things you are interested in doing and carry this with you to remind you re times for things.

If you are unsure about dining at the restaurant or buffet for dinner - check the menu in front of the dining room, it's usually published at around 10am each day.[/quote]

I didn't know this! Thanks for the tip! :)

These are great everyone. I have purchased some chocolate covered strawberries for when they get to their cabin, wishing them a wonderful cruise with a final cruise tip for the day: Relax and have an awesome cruise.

My favorite tip is the fabric softner one: 1 part fabric softner to 4 parts water in a spray bottle sprayed on clothes releases most of the wrinkles in your clothes and they smell great too.

I have talked a close friend into her first cruise and for the last 7 days have been sending her a "cruise tip of the day" text which she thinks is great. I think I am almost out of cruise tips. Can you help? :)

So what are some of the tips you've already given your friend that might help some other first time cruisers such as me? :D

If you have a morning tour planned on a port day, order a room service breakfast (free on Solstice, but usually give a tip). Saves time and searching for a table if you go to the buffet, particularly if it is a popular location with lots of tours arranged.

Have they joined the roll call for the cruise? There are about 100 of us on there and always good to go to the Meet and Mingle on the 1st sea day. We are also having a get together at Sailaway. Hope they love their first cruise. So looking forward to experiencing Solstice.

Lesley