moving booking from Cat 2A to FV

swansnz

I noticed that some FV cabins became available yesterday, for our upcoming Asia cruise in January.

As the booking office in NZ was closed, I put a hold on one cabin (7204) – worked out at approx $450 extra for each of the 3 of us in my family, which for the extra room/veranda, I thought was quite good.

I phoned up this morning, to move our cabin from the Cat 2A we had booked, to the FV, but was told that the hold I’d placed online, was for new bookings only, and they’d have to end off for a rate for me. I don’t want to cancel my original booking, as I have early dining, and $300 OBC.

What difference would it make for Celebrity to move my cabin to the FV at this online price, and then resell my Cat 2A?

Is the FV worth an extra $450 per person than the 2A?

Waiting for Celebrity to phone me back.

They are wonderful, large cabins, with aft huge balcony, so in my view, yes, but others may disagree, it depends in whether that is going to blow your budget or not I guess? If it is affordable, then go for it!

It won't blow the budget - unless Celebrity come back for a much greater price. If I cancel, I'd lose my OBC, Early dining and I guess my deposit - then, I don't think it would be worth it

I noticed that some FV cabins became available yesterday, for our upcoming Asia cruise in January.

As the booking office in NZ was closed, I put a hold on one cabin (7204) – worked out at approx $450 extra for each of the 3 of us in my family, which for the extra room/veranda, I thought was quite good.

I phoned up this morning, to move our cabin from the Cat 2A we had booked, to the FV, but was told that the hold I’d placed online, was for new bookings only, and they’d have to end off for a rate for me. I don’t want to cancel my original booking, as I have early dining, and $300 OBC.

What difference would it make for Celebrity to move my cabin to the FV at this online price, and then resell my Cat 2A?

Is the FV worth an extra $450 per person than the 2A?

Waiting for Celebrity to phone me back.

I asked Celebrity about this yesterday. My 2 girls and I are currently booked in a Cat. 2C - Sweet 16. The FV were not available for less than 5 persons, but PV said to check back periodically to see if they were released for my sailing. She said that I could upgrade to FV, just as I had upgraded from a 2A to an AQ on another cruise. We retained our OBC and PYP Beverage packages. :)

Now, having seen what you will be paying to upgrade your group of 3, I don't see us doing that. IMO, $450pp is way too much. I was thinking that we might be able to get one for around $200pp upgrade. I think that we will make do in our standard sized stateroom with larger balcony. ;)

What the agents have to do is collapse the bookings together. I've had this before when I grabbed a FV GTY online over the weekend and it disappeared on Monday when my TA was available again. They were able to deal with Resolutions and give me that cabin and rate while keeping the other perks in my existing booking.

But would I pay $1350 more for a FV over a 2A? No. I paid that much to move from an inside to a FV on Constellation and even that I think was a bit much!

Archived