My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

We chose self debark and decided to get out the door by 630am. CHarleston has a silent debakation. There are no announcements and if you choose to self-assist then they ask you to debark during the assigned times on your debarkation paperwork. Our level....Empress level(5) was 710am....They said that the elevators wouldn't work on our floor until that time...don't leave before then...blah blah blah.....They tell you that to try to avoid gridlock. We were up and leaving the boat by 6:45 and by 715 we were through customs and heading on the shuttle back to the car....PAINLESS.

My first cruise awesome. It was an experience that I will never forget and that I will surely try to duplicate. But that's the thing I think I have realized from review to review...Every experience is different...every ship has it's own unique personality, and I cant wait to experience all of them. My trip on the Fantasy may have been my first cruise ever but it will most certainly not be my last. Was it perfect? No....Was it what everyone had made it to be? For the most part....Was it a fantastic experience that I enjoyed every minute of?....ABSOLUTELY!! Here's to all cruise newbies and veterans alike.......a toast...A huge FRUITY DRINK we all can share a sip out of....Say it with me..." To Cruising!!"........" TO CRUISINGG!!!!!!"

I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.

P.S I'll be a C.C lifer now so hopefully this is the first of many guys. So hit me up if you see the green light on and everybody enjoy your next cruise!!!!!!!!!

Shyhova

Love it!!! Best review EVER!!!! You're getting me even more excited for my cruise next week!

I'm Glad I could be of service LoL!!! Thank You!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

You owe me a keyboard!!! LMAO!

Great review!!

Thanks!!!! LoL...I have a friend who is always making me spit something out so I know how u feel LoL Sorrryyyy:p

Last but definitely not least we met up with our room stewardess in the hallway. The lovely, beautiful Anak. This woman....I mean, what can I say. She left such an impression on us throughout the whole trip. I really felt like I was leaving a friend. Whenever we would come down the hall she would literally scream down the hall " Heyyyy Mr.B!!!!" " How are yall doing??? What did you all do today??" She felt like family. And I don't have to tell you about the work ethic...I mean...she had to make our bed no less than 86 times...always with a smile on her face:). We talked about her time on the ship and time away from her family and the long tours they have on board....These stewards work sooo hard...everyday....and the spirit she has just blows me away. EVERYONE...all the workers on board work so hard, keep the boat so clean and provide so much hospitality...for a first time cruiser you will no doubt walk away from a Carnival cruise with a respect of the crew maybe you didn't expect. The heaven cakes, and fruity drinks, great food and hijinks I expect to experience again...all ships have them. It's the people that you meet on the journey like Anak who stake a place in your memory reserved just for them.

Me and Anak

IMAG0590_zps5fd674c7.jpg

I'm tall, but she makes me look like a giant LoL

We sat down in the room and decided on how much a extra tip to give her so we both put that amount in the envelope. I had an extra few dollars in my pocket so I put that in there too and my GF goes " Ohhhh Nooo...you not gonna give Anak more than me!!"....( as if she would know since its all in one envelope lol) So she goes in her purse and matches my extra lol.

After saying our goodbyes we turned in to finish packing and lay it down for the night.

That is a great picture...she is adorable...and you, too!

We have always been impressed with all the room stewards and I just DONT GET the people who remove auto tips...not to start a debate here, but jeez.

Thank you for coming back and finishing. Good luck with your studies. I wish DH and I had found cruising sooner, but now I keep working since this hobby is a little expensive, flights more so than the cruise for us. Wishing you many, many more cruises in your future

Shyvona, this was a fantastic review. You have blessed all of us with your thoughts, your wit and your love of life, don't sweat the small stuff attitude.

I can't wait for you to go on another cruise and write another review. In the meantime, I'm sure I will read this one more than once. Someone on the Facebook page for Carnival Cruisers just shared a link for your review and told others how funny it was ! You are famous now, look out.

I love the final dedication of this review to your girlfriend. The two of you are special to all of us. I won't have fruit on our next cruise without thinking of her. LOL

We chose self debark and decided to get out the door by 630am. CHarleston has a silent debakation. There are no announcements and if you choose to self-assist then they ask you to debark during the assigned times on your debarkation paperwork. Our level....Empress level(5) was 710am....They said that the elevators wouldn't work on our floor until that time...don't leave before then...blah blah blah.....They tell you that to try to avoid gridlock. We were up and leaving the boat by 6:45 and by 715 we were through customs and heading on the shuttle back to the car....PAINLESS.

My first cruise awesome. It was an experience that I will never forget and that I will surely try to duplicate. But that's the thing I think I have realized from review to review...Every experience is different...every ship has it's own unique personality, and I cant wait to experience all of them. My trip on the Fantasy may have been my first cruise ever but it will most certainly not be my last. Was it perfect? No....Was it what everyone had made it to be? For the most part....Was it a fantastic experience that I enjoyed every minute of?....ABSOLUTELY!! Here's to all cruise newbies and veterans alike.......a toast...A huge FRUITY DRINK we all can share a sip out of....Say it with me..." To Cruising!!"........" TO CRUISINGG!!!!!!"

I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.

P.S I'll be a C.C lifer now so hopefully this is the first of many guys. So hit me up if you see the green light on and everybody enjoy your next cruise!!!!!!!!!

Shyhova

CHEERS!! To Cruising!!!!!!! TO CRUISIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!

Thank you for this review, Thank you for the many many laughs, there is nothing better than great wit and you truly blessed with it, so again Thank you!

I did this review for the woman that has inspired me to get up get out and see the WORLD. Since we have been together I have been places I always wanted to go but always found a reason not to. Thanks Bae for inspiring me to do the things in life I always wanted to like getting my degree, standing at ground /zero.....eating warm chocolate melting cake!!! I did this review for you and hope you like it. Love You.

#

Shyhova

Thank you for this review, Thank you for the many many laughs, there is nothing better than great wit and you are truly blessed with it, so again Thank you!

sorry about the double post, I can't find the delete button, lol

To Cruising!!!! TO CRUISIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Edited by 1959kar

Thanks so much for sharing this. We are cruise virgins too (from NC) going on the Fantasy in November. I.com so liking forward now to little fruity drinks, dancing the mango, Jesus omelettes and heaven cakes! I have been coming back every day liking for the completion of the trip. I know I will be just as hooked as you.

See you on deck!

Shyvona, this was a fantastic review. You have blessed all of us with your thoughts, your wit and your love of life, don't sweat the small stuff attitude.

I can't wait for you to go on another cruise and write another review. In the meantime, I'm sure I will read this one more than once. Someone on the Facebook page for Carnival Cruisers just shared a link for your review and told others how funny it was ! You are famous now, look out.

I love the final dedication of this review to your girlfriend. The two of you are special to all of us. I won't have fruit on our next cruise without thinking of her. LOL

Aww man...thanks Jane. You know its funny...I've been on the site for months and I never different but have read tons of reviews...and yours are some of my favorites...so to have you say something like that is an honor. Me and my soror are so thankful for your words. Someone really linked it to FB huh?...Wow that's crazy lol.

Our bags were not there yet so we put our carry-ons down and headed up to the lido deck. It was around 1:30 at this time and of course it was jumping.

We stopped at the Mongolian Grill which you would have thought they were slipping little gold pebbles in the bowl or something cause the line was bananas. After 20 minutes or so I did manage to get this...

IMAG0226_zpsb0e0db2c.jpg

IMAG0224_zps8735c027.jpg

IMAG0223_zps66b045c7.jpg

IMAG0222_zps600ae8da.jpg

And finally...THIS

IMAG0234_zpsde2185d6.jpg

Let me just get this out the way before the trolls come out. I know I am a 6'3" black dude and everything but I just don't like beer. I can fruity drink with the best of them though...don't judge me!!! LoLoL

Besides...them Carnival drinks got a knockout blow that you just don't see coming till its too late. One minute you sucking them down and chasing them with wine from the room and next thing you know you doing the cupid shuffle with a group of grandmas from Boise....*shrug*

Lol. Dead.

Thanks so much for sharing this. We are cruise virgins too (from NC) going on the Fantasy in November. I.com so liking forward now to little fruity drinks, dancing the mango, Jesus omelettes and heaven cakes! I have been coming back every day liking for the completion of the trip. I know I will be just as hooked as you.

See you on deck!

No fair I wanna go!!! Lol...What worked for us may not work for you guys but I think its sound advice so I'm gonna give it anyway darnit lol. Leading up to the cruise we kept telling each other "hey...we are gonna have a blast...no matter what....we on a cruise and we are Together"...and u know what?...we really did. I can't speak for the 2000 other people on board but we had time of our lives....never sweated the small stuff and was grateful to be alive and on vacation. So yall have a blast then come bk and make us jealous!!

Once again I want to let you know how much I truly enjoyed this review. It has been one of the best and funniest that I have read and I look forward to your next one.

Mephistoles...thanks so much!!..I have got to get more boats at the bottom of my Sig though like you!!! I can't wait till I have the chance to do one again.

Awesome review!! You are hilarious and have such a great attitude!

Key takeaway for me is never get the turkey bacon!! Yikes!!

Try it anyway lol. In fairness, she had some earlier and it wasn't THAT bad...not great but decent...that day though.....Bark Bacon...lol

Thanks for reading!!

Thank you for this review, Thank you for the many many laughs, there is nothing better than great wit and you are truly blessed with it, so again Thank you!

sorry about the double post, I can't find the delete button, lol

To Cruising!!!! TO CRUISIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Thank you!!!....To Cruising!!!!!....Sn: my GF gonna think I'm a dork for saying that lol. But she think ima dork anyway so.....Cheers!!!

I loved your dedication. This review made me laugh and cry unexpectedly at the end, it was lovely for you to recognize the great woman you have by your side. Keep achieving your dreams.

Sent from my Le Pan S using Forums mobile app

Thank You. I spent years fretting over the missteps my life had endured instead of realizing just how much of an opportunity I had to pick myself up and retrace...and she helped me a lot with that. Thanks, and I most certainly will!!!