Kids pool on NCL jewel

Snowflakemb

We are cruising the jewel in jan/2014. The kids will be 5, 3, 2, 1 and 1

Can the non-potty trained use the kiddie pool with swim diaper? Or no access at all??

Anyone bring an inflatable pool/tub for the babies to use?

Being that there will be 2 wee ones, I'd want to bring something slightly bigger than the inflatable bathtubs...

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We took my then 15 mo daughter on jewel in 2011. She was in a swim diaper and we put her in the baby pool. You aren't supposed to but we did and no one said anything. We also brought a blue up duck and sat it in the adult pool, there a large ledge on the adult pool we filled the duck with pool water and sat around her near the edge of the pool

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There are signs around all the pools that state children (and adults) wearing any kind of diaper or who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool. The pools are not chlorinated like land pools, and if feces or vomit are found the pool has to be emptied, cleaned and refilled. I know from personal experience (ds2 vomited in a ship pool) that the cleaning process closes the pool for at least half a day. Of course other bacteria are not so obvious and there were no crew monitoring who used the pool. I did see some parents speak to adults attempting to have children in diapers use the pool. This is one reason we tended to avoid the area :rolleyes:

The Jewel's kids pool is a nice area, but I would say best suited for children 3yrs and up. There were often children 8+ yrs horsing around in the area.

If diapered kids aren't supposed to be in the pool...do NOT put them there! Bring an inflatable tub....(not a pool!) for them to splash in, if you think you need to.

Swim diapers do hold in the solids, but guess what?....the pool water flows through whatever is in the diaper, and contaminates the pool water for the other kids. A swim diaper is basically a "fecal teabag"....would you want your other kids to swim in that?

Ship pools aren't as filtered or sanitary as land-based pools, so they have those "no diaper" rules for a reason. Same goes for incontinent adults!

We took my then 15 mo daughter on jewel in 2011. She was in a swim diaper and we put her in the baby pool. You aren't supposed to but we did and no one said anything. We also brought a blue up duck and sat it in the adult pool, there a large ledge on the adult pool we filled the duck with pool water and sat around her near the edge of the pool

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry to flame, but that was a horribly irresponsible and self-centered thing to do. Why do you think they have these rules? Ecoli is deadly to small children and adults with compromised immune systems.

Thanks all. Rules are rules so for our babes to enjoy we'll bring the tub/pool and ensure not to impose on any other guests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I love parents who understand that rules are there for a reason. Your little ones will grow up having seen a great example of how to live their lives! Congrats! I wish there were more parents like you!! :)

Archived