B2B Cruises on different ships departing Miami

Sailfish

I need some feedback from cruisers who have done B2B cruises on different ships departing from the Port of Miami.

We are doing back to back cruises out of Miami with two different cruise lines; the first week we will be on the Celebrity Reflection, week two we will be on the Carnival Liberty. It is my understanding that Celebrity uses Royal Caribbean's terminals G & F and Carnival uses the new terminals D & E. I can't tell from any maps I have seen if there is a sidewalk so we could walk from one terminal to the other.

I also understand that cabbies will charge you a hefty minimum fare to take you this short distance and most won't do it - so I need some input.

Thanks in advance for your help.

port-map.jpg

Your description is correct.

You could walk it but if you have a lot of luggage it will be very difficult as there is not a contiguous sidewalk and there are curbs and you would have to cross the road in a couple of spots.

You should just take a taxi.

They have to put the meter on.

Give them a nice tip.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

• 9 months later...
I need some feedback from cruisers who have done B2B cruises on different ships departing from the Port of Miami.

We are doing back to back cruises out of Miami with two different cruise lines; the first week we will be on the Celebrity Reflection, week two we will be on the Carnival Liberty. It is my understanding that Celebrity uses Royal Caribbean's terminals G & F and Carnival uses the new terminals D & E. I can't tell from any maps I have seen if there is a sidewalk so we could walk from one terminal to the other.

I also understand that cabbies will charge you a hefty minimum fare to take you this short distance and most won't do it - so I need some input.

Thanks in advance for your help.

port-map.jpg

Hello! Just wondering how this worked out for you and any advice to share? My family and I are doing B2b, Carnival then Norwegian, in September. Just would like to know how port is and if we need a taxi or and do it by foot. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Hello! Just wondering how this worked out for you and any advice to share? My family and I are doing B2b, Carnival then Norwegian, in September. Just would like to know how port is and if we need a taxi or and do it by foot. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Your will be easy.

They are within a couple of minutes of one another. Very easy. You just walk on the side walk.

No taxi needed.

Enjoy.

Keith

MrsRissB, this photo which I took last year shows the location that both your ships will be in. Usually NCL is the first ship in the row and the Carnival ships could be right behind it or worst case a few ships behind it. All on the same side and easy to get to.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bic1QE7CqjQ/UsG0dEy2L9I/AAAAAAAAgY4/JL_dh_TWg74/s1600/IMG_1723.jpg

Keith

It was not at all an issue; for us it was walking one ship's length. We saw many couples doing the same thing. There was a sidewalk, so pulling luggage along wasn't a hassle. About the only advice I have for you is to get off the ship as late as possible. Early in the morning, there is a lot of foot traffic with passengers waiting for rides, etc. We disembarked the Reflection at 10:30am and by then, the crowds were nearly gone.

Good luck!

Suzi