Trouble with internet bookings?

Wehwalt

I've had trouble the last two weeks booking online, I am considering putting down a FCC on a cruise in late 2014. About two weeks ago, I tried it, and on the screen after you accept the terms and condition, I got an error message, try again in a few minutes. So I did, and again, and to make a long story short, I still get an error message. I called Princess this morning, and after a lot of wasted time, the representative claimed that this was a problem that affects some accounts, but not all, and that they are working on it. I am rather skeptical that is the case, but am hesitant to assume some things as "maybe if we tell him this, he'll get off the phone"!

I intend to speak with the future cruise consultant on the Pacific in a couple of weeks, and can even demonstrate for her by bringing my smartphone to her desk. They are all very good or they would not be where they are, and also will be in the same place for 12 days, so I can follow up with her as needed. But does anyone know anything about this?

I've had trouble the last two weeks booking online, I am considering putting down a FCC on a cruise in late 2014. About two weeks ago, I tried it, and on the screen after you accept the terms and condition, I got an error message, try again in a few minutes. So I did, and again, and to make a long story short, I still get an error message. I called Princess this morning, and after a lot of wasted time, the representative claimed that this was a problem that affects some accounts, but not all, and that they are working on it. I am rather skeptical that is the case, but am hesitant to assume some things as "maybe if we tell him this, he'll get off the phone"!

I intend to speak with the future cruise consultant on the Pacific in a couple of weeks, and can even demonstrate for her by bringing my smartphone to her desk. They are all very good or they would not be where they are, and also will be in the same place for 12 days, so I can follow up with her as needed. But does anyone know anything about this?

if you try using an FCC you would have to talk to princess or your TA and they will apply to use the FCC

if you try using an FCC you would have to talk to princess or your TA and they will apply to use the FCC

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. I booked my upcoming Caribbean cruise online on the Princess website and used my FCC for the deposit. I encountered no errors or difficulties and did not have to speak with anyone.

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. I booked my upcoming Caribbean cruise online on the Princess website and used my FCC for the deposit. I encountered no errors or difficulties and did not have to speak with anyone.

you were lucky as it seems the OP is having problems trying to book online

I successfully booked a cruise last August on the Princess website and was able to apply an FCC during the booking process. At the time, I was very impressed with the upgrades to the system. About a month ago, I tried to book another cruise and encountered the same issue the OP mentioned. I tried several times over a few days and then gave up. I didn't want to go badly enough to call Princess, but had the system worked, I'd have another upcoming cruise booked. So, OP, you're not alone.

Archived