Excursion Assistance, please!

bjtomko

Super confused. Traveling in April on Princess and stopping at Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. Want to experience the ruins and love good snorkeling. Don't want to shop. In Cozumel I think I may book a private Jeep tour where we pick what we want to do so we can see the ruins on the island, snorkel and see the beauty of the off-beaten path.

So Belize...given that the second largest barrier reef is located here I am struggling with what to do.

Is snorkeling at the reef "goo". In other words, is this really a great dive spot and the snorkel is so-so.

What about the ruins? There seem to be many options via the ship (Altun Ha Mayan Ruins, Lamanai Mayan Ruins, and Xunantunich Mayan Ruins). What one is viewed as the "best" and why? I can't find much on TA in terms of the ruins. Perhaps I just am a bad searcher.

I see lots of cave tubing, but not much on either of these two topics. Am I selecting the wrong thing?

Super confused. Traveling in April on Princess and stopping at Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. Want to experience the ruins and love good snorkeling. Don't want to shop. In Cozumel I think I may book a private Jeep tour where we pick what we want to do so we can see the ruins on the island, snorkel and see the beauty of the off-beaten path.

So Belize...given that the second largest barrier reef is located here I am struggling with what to do.

Is snorkeling at the reef "goo". In other words, is this really a great dive spot and the snorkel is so-so.

What about the ruins? There seem to be many options via the ship (Altun Ha Mayan Ruins, Lamanai Mayan Ruins, and Xunantunich Mayan Ruins). What one is viewed as the "best" and why? I can't find much on TA in terms of the ruins. Perhaps I just am a bad searcher.

I see lots of cave tubing, but not much on either of these two topics. Am I selecting the wrong thing?

The ruins on the Island of Cozumel are a waste of time . The best ones are on the mainland .

Are the ruins on the mainland better than the ruins on Belize? I want to see super cool ruins, but I don't need to see them all in one trip. I would like some diversity. If Belize has better ones, I'll go that route, but if mainland in Cozumel is better, I will try them.

Archived