Jamaica for a Day question

jlpalmer

I have booked the transfer with my resort pass to Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. Where exactly do we have to go when we get off the ship to meet the JTL transfer shuttle?

The website says to look for the driver with the sign but I am a little leary about wandering searching because we will have the kids with us.

I have booked the transfer with my resort pass to Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. Where exactly do we have to go when we get off the ship to meet the JTL transfer shuttle?

The website says to look for the driver with the sign but I am a little leary about wandering searching because we will have the kids with us.

They are pretty visible as you get off and will either be holding a sign, yelling at the top of their lungs, or both.

Edited by jahannah

Also everyone there knows everyone and you usually can walk up to any of them and ask where JFAD is and they will point in the right direction. :)

hello fellow buckeye...i am a single mom heading to ochio rio soon and my kids and i loved your review and detailed picks for sunset jamaica grande...i hope the kids and i will love it too :)

hello fellow buckeye...i am a single mom heading to ochio rio soon and my kids and i loved your review and detailed picks for sunset jamaica grande...i hope the kids and i will love it too :)

Well hello there. Twins, wow...lucky you. I always wanted twins, tried 4 times, never got them. :p

We loved it there. We are trying out another resort using Jamaica for a Day at Montego Bay this time around. I hope we have another excellent experience.

I hope you have a great day there with your kids. It's a beautiful place. :)

Hello fellow cruisers,

I just went on the website jamaicaforaday.com and found that Hilton Rose Hall had no availability for our day of Dec. 30. However, Jewel Runaway Bay was available for $80 a day including transport. Anyone knows about this resort and also how far it is from the port? Please advise. Thank you.

We were as Sunset Beach last month and it was so easy to find. When you get off the ship just walk through the building and the JFAD people were right across the road under the trees holding the sign. We waited under the trees until the entire group going to Sunset was there. Then we got on the bus and was at the resort in less than 10 minutes. We had a wonderful day. Hope you do too.

• 4 weeks later...

Was just curious that my link to Jamaica for a day doesn't work anymore and I end up going to another website now. Did they change their name and or merge with another tour company?? Just wanted to know as I don't wont to book with the wrong group....thanks.

Was just curious that my link to Jamaica for a day doesn't work anymore and I end up going to another website now. Did they change their name and or merge with another tour company?? Just wanted to know as I don't wont to book with the wrong group....thanks.

If you link takes you to Resort for a Day, then it's the same company. They have always used that name as well and even when we booked with them under the Jamaica for a Day excursion last time, the email confirmation would come back saying Resort for a Day. So they are the same. No "merge". :) (They do day excursions in various different ports other than Jamaica so I guess just sticking with the "Resort" probably makes sense)