Kanga and/or Koala photo

Taking Celebrity Solstice in Dec Xmas-New year(Sydney/NZ). I would like to get a picture of me with both a kangaroo and another with a Koala. . Any suggestions on where to do this? Best time of day? This is a childhood dream and given this is my first Auz/NZ trip and its over the holidays, if i need to pre-arrange so that i am not rushed. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

In Sydney I would suggest Koala Park in Castle Hill Road, West Pennant Hills. WPH is about an hour's drive out of the city. I haven't checked but there is probably a website for Koala Park. Another alternative maybe to have a visit to Taronga Park Zoo.:)

The most respected and popular wildlife park in Sydney is Featherdale Wildlife Park about 1 hour west of Sydney. Get there by private tour or combine it with a Blue Mountains tour.

You can feed and pat the many Kangaroos and stand beside a Koala. This park is well maintained and easy to get around.

iMO Koala Park is run down.

Taking Celebrity Solstice in Dec Xmas-New year(Sydney/NZ). I would like to get a picture of me with both a kangaroo and another with a Koala. . Any suggestions on where to do this? Best time of day? This is a childhood dream and given this is my first Auz/NZ trip and its over the holidays, if i need to pre-arrange so that i am not rushed. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Mum , Dad & Bub!

mumdadandbaby.jpg.3d1000da5aea21861e43a264cf780765.jpg

Great Kangaroo photos fishtaco :)

His he got a nick name?? ;)

I am sure it must have been brought up by humans as a pet then released? it was on a bush road with plenty of other Roos but this one decided to come sit with us:confused:

It turned its nose up at fruit but loved salt & Vinegar chips lol

Also looking back at the pic its the wettest winter we have had for many years in Perth but you wouldnt think it by the dry road sunglasses & hat and winter has only just finished!

the easiest place to go to would be wildlife sydney zoo at darling harbour.

there are very few places now that would allow you to hold a koala....ummm, except adelaide and brisbane

this place allows you to wander in an enclosure with kangaroos.

http://www.wildlifesydney.com.au/explore/koala-encounters/

I know it's possible that things may have changed but when we went to Wildlife Park in Sydney, you could not hold the Koala. The "ranger" (or whatever you call him) held it and you just stood next to him & patted it.

When we were in Cairns for a cruise in 2010, we went to a Koala Sanctuary at Kuranda and we were told then that QLD is the only state in Australia that allows you to hold a koala.

Archived