Ohana Waikiki Surf East, Honolulu

brittany21

feb 25th, 113.50 this is the price ive been quoted from travel.com

it seems incredible cheap. Has anyone stayed h ere before?? Have any advice?

Thanks!!:)

This is just for the day we arrive to see pearl harbor and recover from the 12 hr time difference before we board the pride of aloha.

We've stayed in both the Ohana Waikiki Surf...and the East...Both are ok...not five star hotels...but clean and right in the action. The bus service is amazing in Oahu...especially in the Waikiki area. You will have no trouble catching a bus for the Pearl Harbour tour.

Brittany, I think it would be best for you to book a hotel that looks decent for the price but make sure it's a res that can be cancelled. As time gets closer, bid on priceline (check biddingfortravel.com first to see what others are getting and choose the area you want). If all else fails and you don't get a nice hotel for the $ on priceline then at least you have a secure reservation to fall back on. Also, don't forget about hotwire.com. I've gotten decent properties there before as well, but not as good of deals as on priceline.

(I'm going through something similar myself for a hotel in FLL for January and I think it's a bit too early for there to be much inventory loaded into priceline yet).

Editing to add: I just glanced on hotwire.com and there is a 2 1/2 star property in Waikiki Central for $108 for 2/25 with decent amentities.

How far from the airport and the port where the cruise ships are?

Depends on the hour you get to Honolulu and the time you want to depart.

Traffic in Honolulu can be pretty heavy and if there is an accident on the H-1 or Ala Moana Blvd - the major roadways from the airport and/or port - it can even be worse.

That being said, under normal circumstances, it would be roughly 25 minutes from Waikiki to the airport and 15-20 minutes to Aloha Tower or Ft. Armstrong where the cruise ships usually dock.

Archived