Terrible behaviour on a recent RCI 2 niter

Except, neither of us are from/live in Queensland. And I can assure you, we will party in the most classiest of styles! /quote]

Let's get this right , chaps. You cannot have the most classiest. You can have the classiest or the most classy. Need a bit of decorum on Cunard, what?

Except, neither of us are from/live in Queensland. And I can assure you, we will party in the most classiest of styles!

Fixed that quote thingy for you. ;)

Let's get this right , chaps. You cannot have the most classiest. You can have the classiest or the most classy. Need a bit of decorum on Cunard, what?

Ok. Let's get this right while we are on the subject. We are not chaps. ;)

Yes, technically correct, although in colloquial use 'chaps' these days is used for both sexes. I feel it's more pleasant than guys, another word that has spread from males to both sexes in general use. So apologies, but is there a good word that can be used when you are unaware of the sex of the author? Folks, you people, fellows ....? Perhaps fellow cruise lovers?

Yes, technically correct, although in colloquial use 'chaps' these days is used for both sexes. I feel it's more pleasant than guys, another word that has spread from males to both sexes in general use. So apologies, but is there a good word that can be used when you are unaware of the sex of the author? Folks, you people, fellows ....? Perhaps fellow cruise lovers?

I find that "Hey!! You lot!!" usually works :)

Barry

I'm introducing my mum to cruising on a four nighter from Melbourne to Auckland. I hoping there won't be too much chundering, falling down drunk behaviour.

A 4 night repositioning cruise will be different to a 4 night cruise to nowhere. You're less likely to get the hen's & bucks party groups on them.

I've heard and used guys, but never chaps, even to a guy. Folks works just fine. :p

Archived