Shows on the ship

Every 4-5 years - unless it doesn't go over well or if it really does (then longer).

Yeah, it would be great if they changed them every year, but I bet they cost a half million to produce (everything from concept, sets, costumes, choreography, sound and light design, music production) - and with as many ships as they have . . . .

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com

Someone has a question about shows on the ship and uses a title "shows on the ship." What is wrong with that or am I missing something here??

BTW, they also have to pay royalties for using copyrighted music in the shows also. It is very expensive for them to put on a show.

you're right about copyrights . . . many places, like radio/tv stations, theme parks, etc, play 'blanket' ASCAP/BMI royalties so they can use anything in the library. So on a cruise ship, not only the shows, but the ambient music and the live band sets . . . I'm willing to bet the "Cruise In Review" music was bought outright (they could really change this . . yawn!)

Suggest you change your title

What is wrong with the title that he used? :confused:

To the OP, from what I have seen they usually change them around about every five years. It would be nice if it could be done sooner but the cost for these shows are very expensive.

Someone has a question about shows on the ship and uses a title "shows on the ship." What is wrong with that or am I missing something here??

The original title was simply "ships." The OP took my advice (which was helpful, not rude) to change the title. Thus, you see the new title.

I attended a theater workshop on the Brilliance a couple of years ago where this question was asked. They indicated they shoot for a show that is successful enough to last 4 or 5 years, but that if a show is not getting good reviews per the cruise end surveys they may retire it sooner.

Stupid question- do they use the same show on more than one ship in the same 4-5 year period?

I liked the shows on NOS but not sure if I would want to sit through them twice:D

Cheers,

Not sure about RCI but I know that Carnival does use the same show on more than one ship. This way the can rotate performers from one ship to another and they fall right in to the routine.

Stupid question- do they use the same show on more than one ship in the same 4-5 year period?

I liked the shows on NOS but not sure if I would want to sit through them twice:D

Cheers,

If you visit the RCCL's shows website (link is up above), you can see what shows are on the individual ships - plus some pix

Archived