Seattle downtown hotels

Hibiscus118

Hi,

Leaving from Seattle next June and would like to find a downtown hotel that isn't extremely expensive. Are there any at all? We stayed at a hotel close to the airport last time but we're only there one night and flying out the next day so it was convenient. Would love to be closer to the sites and pike place market this time. I've done a board search but not coming up with much so forgive me if this has been asked. We're not picky people, as long as it's clean I don't care about a little "wear" here and there. I figure we won't be there much anyway.

Thanks!

Will check into those.. Thanks!!

Hi We're sailing from Seattle on May 30,2014 and coming in a day early too. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express/City Center. Very close to Space Needle and not far from Pikes Mkt. which are our main sightseeing trips.

Good reviews on TA. Like you, not needing a fancy place or too expensive, a clean place to put our heads on a pillow for one night. We got a price of $177. for the night. (aarp rate).

Hi We're sailing from Seattle on May 30,2014 and coming in a day early too. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express/City Center. Very close to Space Needle and not far from Pikes Mkt. which are our main sightseeing trips.
It's not that close at all, on a major highway, and quite a distance from restaurants and other sights.

We have picked up the Red Lion and the Silver Cloud-Stadium bidding on Priceline for well under the $200/n. The Red Lion is an easy walk to Pike Place and the Silver Cloud offers a free shuttle to and from downtown locations...they also will shuttle you to the pier but you would need to check with them re a pick up from the pier.

Good reviews on TA. Like you, not needing a fancy place or too expensive, a clean place to put our heads on a pillow for one night. We got a price of $177. for the night. (aarp rate).

HI Express is about a 4-5 block walk to the Space Needle; from there you take the monorail downtown (Westlake Center, in 3-4 minutes). Then you're only about 3 blocks from Pike Place Market. Go to the Market first thing in the morning otherwise the crowds are overwhelming.

And be sure to visit the Chihuly exhibit at the Seattle Center !

We have stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel twice and really liked it. The Convention Center area has literally grown up around it. If you walk straight down the street a few blocks, you'll be at Pike's Place Market. It is only a couple of blocks from the Westlake Center, where you can catch the Monorail to the Seattle Center. However, it will probably run around $200 during June.

We have picked up the Red Lion and the Silver Cloud-Stadium bidding on Priceline for well under the $200/n. The Red Lion is an easy walk to Pike Place and the Silver Cloud offers a free shuttle to and from downtown locations...they also will shuttle you to the pier but you would need to check with them re a pick up from the pier.

I was thinking of bidding for one on Priceline. We've done it before and have always been happy, I'd just like to be within walking distance to either Pike Place or the Space Needle so we could catch the monorail. We can walk the distances if we ended up further out but it'd be nice to be closer. Decisions.. Decisions!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the Mayflower Park Hotel on Hotwire for May cruise for 125 a night. If you select hotels near Pike Place and find a 3 1/2 star hotel with 95% approval rating and 4 1/2 stars on tripadvisor, this should be the Mayflower. Excellent price for the location and gets great reviews.

Archived