Warwick Long Bay Beach

actuary cruiser

We'd like to visit Warwick Beach. I've searched the forums here and found some useful info but have some more questions.

1. Is the bus stop for WLB obvious? The satellite images look like there is a paved road down to the beach (similar to Horseshoe). Is the bus stop at the top of this road? Is this the same spot to get a return bus?

2. I would love to walk the trail to Horseshoe Bay. We have a 4 year old (who likes to hike). Is the trail unrealistic or dangerous for him?

3. Are the bathrooms (at WLB) port-o-potties or is there running water/flush?

Thanks to all the helpful users on CC! Also, we are on the Dawn next week and look to be the only ship docked. Maybe Horseshoe bay won't be so crowded? Anyone else have input on this?

We'd like to visit Warwick Beach. I've searched the forums here and found some useful info but have some more questions.

1. Is the bus stop for WLB obvious? Yes.The satellite images look like there is a paved road down to the beach (similar to Horseshoe). Is the bus stop at the top of this road? Yes Is this the same spot to get a return bus? You will have to cross the road and maybe walk for a bit. Can't say for sure since I walked from WLB to HB.

2. I would love to walk the trail to Horseshoe Bay. We have a 4 year old (who likes to hike). Is the trail unrealistic or dangerous for him? IMO, no.

3. Are the bathrooms (at WLB) port-o-potties or is there running water/flush? Port o potties.

Thanks to all the helpful users on CC! Also, we are on the Dawn next week and look to be the only ship docked. Maybe Horseshoe bay won't be so crowded? Anyone else have input on this?

We've always gone to Bermuda in Oct. and Horseshoe was never crowded.

Simply tell the bus driver where you are going and they will stop for you. You cross the street to get to the beach. The bus stop when you are returning is on the same side of the street as the beach, it's a little walk up the street if I remember correctly. There is a standing bathroom building I'm not sure how it is inside because I never used it.

The hill getting down to the beach is nothing like the hill going down to horseshoe. Its not as steep of a hill.

Jobsons cove is to the right of the main beach over a little hill which would be easier for your little one to get in the water. Every time we were at long bay beach the waves were very strong, too strong to swim and there is no life guard at this beach.

The trail from one beach to the other is very Long. As long as your son stays close to your side and stays away from the cliffs he should be okay.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Is the bus stop for WLB obvious? The satellite images look like there is a paved road down to the beach (similar to Horseshoe). Is the bus stop at the top of this road? Is this the same spot to get a return bus?

2. I would love to walk the trail to Horseshoe Bay. We have a 4 year old (who likes to hike). Is the trail unrealistic or dangerous for him?

3. Are the bathrooms (at WLB) port-o-potties or is there running water/flush?

I gave a very detailed picture review of our trek from Horseshoe to Warwick beginning at post # 17:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728780

To help answer your questions:

1- There is a bus shelter at this location, but it is not labeled. You just need to tell the driver where you want to get off. We had no problem finding the bus shelter at the top of the hill from Warwick. I have a picture of it posted in my review.

2 - The walk is lengthy and could be very hot. I think it all depends on your 4 year old. I personally would try it with my kids, but do plan to stop at one of the numerous swimming coves along the way to cool down and play. Also, you must take some water with you to drink. The walk from Horseshoe to Warwick was amazing. I especially loved swimming in Jobson's Cove.

3- Yep, they are large pit privies - with a permanent building structure. Not like the portable potties.

There are 2 bus stops, one just west of WLB and the next is by the park just the other side.ntell the driver you're getting off at WLB after the HB stop and he/she will take care of you.

The road down to WLB is actually steeper and shorter than HB but certainly nothing to worry about. Gorgeous beach, we rent across the street and love the fact that it is so quiet and beautiful. Also love watching the Longtails swooping around the cliffs...

I was wondering how steep of a hill it is to the beach from the parking lot? I'm planning on having my wedding on this beach, but I scared it may be hard for some of my older guest that have trouble walking to be able to get down the hill people talk of from the parking to the beach. Does anyone have a picture of the hill? I'm going to have private bus take my guest to the beach.

Not a steep hill at all. As you are arranging private transportation, you will be dropped right next to the beach. A few steps down and you'll be on the beach. Have the driver take you to the Jobsons Cove entrance to WLB. Easiest access to WLB from there, IMO.

I was wondering how steep of a hill it is to the beach from the parking lot? I'm planning on having my wedding on this beach, but I scared it may be hard for some of my older guest that have trouble walking to be able to get down the hill people talk of from the parking to the beach. Does anyone have a picture of the hill? I'm going to have private bus take my guest to the beach.

this photo is from a YouTube video showing the parking lot and small hill to the beach:

wlbb.jpg

SBtS

It isn't too steep to walk for most folks, but it is harder coming back up of course, especially on a hot day. But I wouldn't consider it an obstacle. Just be careful at the roadside as there are curves there.